Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tip for relationship-y stuff

eemeltoniv says:
So, I'm in a great relationship. Throughout my work day, the most random questions, thoughts, and ideas pop into my head -- things to ask her about, do together, etc. Most of these align already with my current lists -- "Ask/investigate," "Hear/see/visit/do," etc. For the ones that are also germane to her, I append a tag with her name and have a smartlist set up to combine all those.

The payoff? Rather than send a million emails or texts a day with e.g. "Ninja or pirate or RTM monkey?" or "Let's go watch this movie" as soon as they come to mind (and before I forget), I instead log them and, at the end of the day when we talk, we can hit each of these. I feel comfortable that I haven't forgotten a good question or a neat idea. And it cuts back on having a bunch of email and text chains each about a different thing, in the midst of two very busy run-around professional lines.

Plus, when we do hit all this stuff, it's quite satisfying to check them off.

And, bonus for scoundrels: you can always go back, mark them as "incomplete," and rename the tag to the next significant other. For the record, though, I think mine is a keeper.
Posted at 6:24pm on February 23, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi eemeltoniv,

Great tip, and good to hear you've found a keeper! :)

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro.
Posted 12 years ago
rossruns says:
This is a great tip. I'm always thinking of things to ask/tell my wife, and I always manage to remember about 2 minutes before she is about to fall asleep (and thus is in no mood to talk about them.) Adding this to my RTM scheme, post-haste!
Posted 12 years ago