Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

The Awesome List

(closed account) says:
Inspired partially by Benjamin Franklin's schedule (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickbilton/3779169741/) and his "what good shall I do this day?" beginning of the day question, I created an "Awesome" list in which I put just that: ideas of good (or awesome) things I could do in a day and that are not typically part of my schedule.

Each idea has to be simple enough to not take too much time and to be able to be accomplished within that day. Instead of thinking of a new idea every morning, I just add ideas to that list as I think of them and I don't put any due dates when adding them --- so then every morning, I look at my "Awesome" list and decide which of the ideas I will do that day and change that idea's due date to "today." (You may prefer to schedule it in advance, but for those who'd like to do it like me, I would suggest making a Today smart list in which you keep track of all the things to be done today.)

Optionally, if you don't think you can fit it in your schedule in a daily basis, you could do it once a week. Or if that also results too difficult, you could just look at the list of tasks you've done by the end of the day, and select one that you think was really good and tag it #awesome. You could create your "Awesome" list based on that tag to keep track of the good/awesome things you're doing.

Hopefully, doing this can make your day a lot more special or fun and help you keep motivated.
Posted at 11:02pm on February 13, 2012
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice idea, well worth a Tip of the Week mention!
Posted 12 years ago
hunterscottlee says:
great idea!
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I agree with rajjan -- robotfu, you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. :)

We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I love the idea too!
Posted 11 years ago
lostintranslatn says:
Love it! Just curious...what are some examples of items on your list?
Posted 11 years ago