Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

"Send to List" Keyboard Shortcut?

chadmassaker says:
I am looking for a way to quickly add a task to a list when I enter a task just from what I type in the task field.

For example:

* you can type a date after the task and it knows to use that as the Due By date

* put # before a word and it makes that word a tag
* put 1,2,3,4 in the task to set priority

I'm looking for a similar shortcut to route a task directly to a list.

As of right now, I have to create a task from the Google Apps interface and manually move it to the list I want afterwards, which does not always work, or go into the RTM web app and do it.

I have skimmed through the RTM FAQ and cannot find anything and there does not appear to be anything on their keyboard shortcut list. (the # tag feature is not documented on their shortcut list, but I learned from another program and tried it in RTM and it worked).
Posted at 3:41pm on December 9, 2011
brendan says:
Hi chadmassaker,
The # shortcut can be used to assign both lists and tags. If the word that you enter after # is an existing list, then the task will be assigned to that list rather than the word being added as a tag.

This page gives some additional details on all the Smart Add shortcuts that are available.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
hal3 says:
Just a quick follow-up, is there a keyboard shortcut for moving the selected item(s) to a different list?
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
hal3,
No, there's not currently a shortcut for this; sorry!
Posted 12 years ago
brice.carbonel says:
This feature (ie. shortcut to move a task from one smartlist to another) would be highly appreciated!
Posted 11 years ago
brice.carbonel says:
uped?
Posted 11 years ago
giro says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
pwesolek says:
If you use GreaseMonkey, there's a script for RTM which does that (among other goodies), with CTRL+M you can move selected tasks to other list.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61989
Posted 11 years ago
dfm says:
+1

It really would be nice to have some way to change lists from the keyboard.
Posted 10 years ago