Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Two tips for academics

seamus.bradley says:
OK. This is actually a really obvious trick, but I actually didn't think of it for ages. So this just shows how dumb I am, maybe. But anyone else as dumb as me might benefit from this.

Despite the above dumbness, I'm actually doing a PhD. One thing this involves is submitting papers to conferences. So I put the submission deadline as a task in RTM. Now here's the clever bit: put the conference website in the url part! I know! Obvious, right? But for YEARS before I thought of this, I had to keep searching for the conference website every time I needed the details of the conference.

As well as this, I now have a 'conference' tag. And along with this tag, two other tags: 'abstract' and 'full-paper' which indicate whether the conference submission requires a full paper or just an abstract. (So in fact, I rarely ever visit the link to the conference any more…)

I've found similar tricks useful for job applications, too.
Posted at 12:05pm on December 7, 2011
sisyphus67 says:
add me to the list of 'dumb ones who benefited' :)
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Seamus,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago
annilune says:
add me to the dumb list of doing this, but didn't share it here to get the free year of Pro. I got this idea last week and really found it useful.
Posted 12 years ago