Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

using smart lists to focus

dougbrown77 says:
I found some time ago that I am prone to spend too much time categorizing tasks so that I may at some future point focus on those items. Remember the Milk's smart lists have helped me spend less time on categorizing which gives more time to actually do the things I need to do.

I use key words such as buy, call, visit, follow up, write etc as basic categories. I have set up smart lists that search my tasks for these words and then display tasks with that word. For example, the smart list "buy" will show me all the tasks with the word buy. This allows me to concentrate on things that I need to buy.

Now the fun part, whether i am using Siri or smart add I can just input the words "buy tomatoes" and that item will show itself in the buy list.

Of course, I can add more categories and tags but I find that for most items this is enough information.
Posted at 4:36am on December 6, 2011
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Doug,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago