Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

For Android/iPhone users: "Due where you are"

alasnik says:
I've been enjoying the great updated Android app and tonight just happened to browse through the Advanced Search Operators list and... voila! ... came up with an idea!

I created a new list called "Nearby today." It includes tasks due that day (or overdue) located within 1 mile of where my phone says I'm located.

dueBefore:tomorrow and locatedWithin:"1 mile"

And of course, I created an RTM 1x1 badge linked to this list and put it on the homepage of my Nexus S and my Xoom so I can spot at a glance when there's something I need to be doing where I am :).

In case you're curious, here are the main locations I use:

1) Location "Work" -- for those things I have to remember to do when I'm physically at work... can't do via VPN.

2) Location "Home" -- update clock on microwave upon the time change, put out recyclables barrel, etc.

3) Location "SF" -- tasks I should remember to do when I'm hanging out in "the city" (renew SF library card, etc.)

Now there's no escaping my due tasks... :p
Posted at 5:56am on November 6, 2011
benjamin.jung82 says:
Yeah :-) +1
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi alasnik,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago
goraleksi says:
What about RTM notification Nearest? Is it not useful in same case? Or this tip has target to exclude future tasks and tasks with "never" due date?
Posted 12 years ago