Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Work on and off computer

ubuntudroid says:
As I'm currently writing my diploma thesis in computer sciences and am also working as a programmer, I'm hanging around in front of my computer a lot. Sometimes I feel it's simply too much. Therefore I created two smart lists, one for computer work which can be done now and the other one for tasks which can be done now away from the computer. If I feel my eyes are strained from computer work, I fire up the non-computer smart list and choose a task from there. Both smart lists are based on a "computer" tag which I assign to all tasks to be done at the PC. Here are the (pretty simple) searches for both smart lists:

computer work:
tag: computer AND (due:today OR due:never)

non-computer work (you already guessed it^^):
NOT tag: computer AND (due:today OR due:never)

Have fun with them and cure your eyes with a sweet non-computer task from time to time! :)
Posted at 1:15pm on July 11, 2011
ubuntudroid says:
Forgot to add a "status:incomplete AND " before every search - otherwise this could produce rather long lists ;)
Posted 12 years ago
xtoq says:
I don't think that you have to add "status:incomplete" before anything; I think that RTM filters out completed tasks by default. But great idea nonetheless, thanks for the tip.
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ubuntudroid,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago
ubuntudroid says:
Thanks a lot! :) I just started to use rtm on my Android and the 2 week testing phase was about to run out. Great timing!
Posted 12 years ago