Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Garage Sale Prep

debuck3 says:
Once a year, I hold a Garage Sale to earn a little extra spending cash while clearing out my house of unneeded stuff. The problem: When the big day comes, I often forget things I wanted to grab up for the sale. Enter RTM!

I created a "Garage Sale" list. Throughout the year, I add an item to the list that I want to include in the sale. If I stash the item out of the way some place, I include where I stashed it in the notes. The day before the garage sale, I open the list and stage everything marking the item complete when I have it staged.

Thank you RTM!
Posted at 2:19pm on June 11, 2011
xtoq says:
This is a great idea! You can even tag it with the price that you'll want for it, like "25c clothes" or something similar. Thanks for the inspiration. Now if only I could get RTM to do all the rest of the garage sale work for me...
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi debuck3,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago
debuck3 says:
Whoo hooo!!!! thanks :D
Posted 12 years ago
elmareeh says:
i'm a newbie to RTM, I would love to utilize this idea for summer garage sale idea. How do I make a new tab named "Garage Sale"? Thanks in advance. Great idea, appreciate the tip!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
elmareeh,
You can create a new list by clicking on Settings at the top of the screen, then on the Lists tab. Click "Add List" on this page to create a new list.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago