Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Winning Contests

radmoose says:
While I live an active life with a constantly changing list, I do find pleasure in entering contests and of course, winning things. Some of my friends are surprised at how often I do win things. Until now, I haven't exposed my "secret" tool to do so. Yup RTM.

Most contests have a timeframe in which you can enter, such as once per day or per week. When I get a new contest I add it to RTM include the time frame in the recurring section as well as the URL then tag it with "contest." Adding the URL for the contest entry is a timesaver as I don't have to deal with bookmarks or hunting down an email with the information.

I then setup a Smart List for the contest tag. In just a few minutes per day, I go thru my list while I have some downtime throughout the day and enter the contests. I don't have to worry as I can access RTM from just about anywhere and get my entries in easily and quickly. This is a productive way to get those things done that will fit in during those moments while you have a minute or two free. When I hit complete, it automatically is scheduled to remind me the next time I can enter.

I have won food, movie tickets, software, toys, DVDs... lots of things without losing my focus on getting the important things done.
Posted at 5:28pm on April 6, 2011
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Good tip, absolutely deserving a "Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner" award!
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi radmoose,

I agree with rajjan. :)

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro.
Posted 12 years ago
radmoose says:
Awesome! Thanks!

This isn't the only thing I won this week because of RTM. I also won a book that I was interested in reading.

I also appreciate all the Tips & Tricks that show up on the site. It gives me ideas on how to utilize RTM in ways that I had not thought of. It is going to be great to be carrying the power of RTM in my Android phone instead of just on my desktop.

Thanks again!

Posted 12 years ago