Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM, the solution to a Movie Buff's crappy movie dilemma

gordonswaby says:
I'm really picky about my movies i watch and I'm highly annoyed when i watch crappy movies--even those with rave reviews are sometimes crappy. Luckily i have cool friends who i share similar movie tastes with. They watch tons of movies and always recommend the good ones to me (Human filters), unfortunately i do not always have the opportunity to talk to them or when i do they'll recommend a good movie and I'll forget to watch it or add it to RTM.

Solution? Remember the Milk.

Sure, RTM's awesome share tasks feature would work well for them to share movies with me, but sadly i can't convince some of them to join or even use RTM. But hey, they use email. What i do is create a list. I call mine "Moviesr". I then create an email forwarder to forward all emails with the subject "Moviesr" to my Remember the milk inbox address.

They'll type my email normally, write the subject in their email client as "Moviesr", in the body they'll put the name of the movie and of course the "-end-" and hit send.

BAM! instantly added to my RTM Movies list. I check it weekly for new movie recommendations and then edit the details of any given movie I'm interested in (eg date, priority etc).

Problem, solution; everybody's happy:) Happy movie watching.

P.S You can find your personal rtm email address by going to Settings -> Info
Posted at 2:39am on November 25, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gordonswaby,

Awesome tip -- I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago
gordonswaby says:
Thank You! :)
Posted 13 years ago