Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Christmas Shopping

jessica.bierman says:
I use Remember The Milk to track my Christmas shopping. I have multiple family Christmas celebrations and so I use tags to sort out which family each person belongs to. I also use the date that we are celebrating Christmas as the due date. Whenever I have an idea for something to give each person, I add it as a Note. When I've purchased an item, I also make a Note and include the price of the gift. This is especially helpful for keeping track of what I have purchased for my kids. When I'm finished with each person I check them off. Then the following year, I "uncomplete" all of the people from last year's Christmas list and I still have the Notes from the year before!
Posted at 3:44pm on October 27, 2010
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Clever idea, that way it's easy to keep track of what you gave each person and avoid the embarresment of giving the same thing over again.

Probably you've already incorporated the idea of giving the same present to several persons in different families - maybe cheating but it increases Christmas shopping efficiency!
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jessica.bierman,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago