Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Never forget to watch a movie with IMDB.com

jchirschy says:
Everytime I go to rent a dvd, it is the same question : what is the movie I absolutely wanted to watch ? It is all the more difficult when we, my wife and I need to make this choice. To solve that problem, we created a shared list between our accounts called "toWatch". Every time she or I watch a trailer or read a synopsis from IMDB.com, that is worth watching, we share this page by email. In the to: field, I put my rtm import adress, I add #towatch to the subject and all is done. Automatically, IMDB adds the link to the email body. That way, the list towatch is growing in our two accounts. The note contains the link to the right page. The synopsis or the trailer is always only in one or two clicks away. It works well with the mobile version, a mac or a pc.
Posted at 7:10pm on September 16, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jchirschy,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
This reminds me, it'd be great if RTM could parse out a URL from an email body into the URL field of a task.

I email-to-RTM a lot links (from Amazon and IMDB, coincidentally), so this would save jchirschy and I a click. :)
Posted 13 years ago
techlifeweb says:
Nice. Maybe also add a note or tag or something about who recommended a movie. Hate when a movie arrives from Netflix and I can't remember who recommended it or why I added it to my list in the first place.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
this is an excellent idea
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I implemented this, except the list name is Movie To Watch, and I have another list called Movie Watched , to keep track of which movies you want to see(status; incomplete) and which ones you've seen. (status: completed )
Posted 12 years ago