Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Making sure you stay tip-top in the office

bazman90 says:
I had a health check in work recently and was told I was only just hydrated enough, so I thought what would help me remeber to drink water regularly through the day and not just the essential coffee each morning.

So I createed a task called 'Drink Water - 200ml' and duplicated it to alert me many times a day, within a given period. I had the first one go off at 9.30am and then every half hour until 3pm. I also set the repeat to 'every day'.
This menat that every day between 9.30 and 3 on half hourlry intervals I was reminded to drink water, helping me towards my 2 litres a day!!

maybe a bit of over kill, but now when i am sat in the office and an alert on my phone goes off I instinctively drink a swig of water.

I deleted the reminders today, after about three weeks as the routine/habit has been set.

I'm sure this could be applied to other areas too..

Thanks

Barry
Posted at 11:09pm on August 12, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Barry,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago
carmenv says:
Would love to set this up, but I don't know how and can't find it online?
Anybody?
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
@carmenv I guess you create a task that repeats daily at 9am then another at 9:30, then 10am etc until 3pm. Multiple tasks. It would be easier if you could create a task to repeat more frequently than every day.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
carmenv,
As tsvtrainer said (thanks, tsvtrainer!), you can't currently create a task that repeats more than once a day. In the meantime, you can create multiple tasks that repeat "every 1 day" (or even "every weekday", if it's for the office).

The tasks can share the same name, if you choose, but each task will have a different due time so that you are reminded at different times throughout the day.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago