Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

two week smart list

patrick.conwell says:
I use RTM for everything I can think of. Some of the task have no due date, many do... and sometime I even miss deadlines (oops). All these tasks can get confusing, and it's easy to overlook one. So, I came up with a smart list that will only show me the next two weeks worth of tasks, plus those tasks without due dates and those tasks that are overdue:

status:incomplete and dueWithin:"2 weeks of today" or dueBefore:today or due:never

Keeps me organized, and I hope it helps you. Thanks.
Posted at 1:36am on June 13, 2010
folke1883 says:
Yes, it is good to narrow down the time horizon a bit, and you could have more than just one such smart list. You coudl have, say, a 1-week, a 2-week and a 5-week (1-month) smart list (I do).

You could also use priorities more systematically to make sure you really SEE (clearly) the things you need to see within any particular smart list.
Posted 13 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Patrick,

Nice tip -- I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 13 years ago
patrick.conwell says:
Thanks guys! This is a real honor.
Posted 13 years ago
niek63 says:
Hello.

I'm since a week working with RTM. And this is a list I can use very well. But I want it to work for only the list work: a two week smart list for the list work.
Ive tried, as beginner, a few codes but I didnt''find the right code for this. Can anybody help me please?

Thanks,

Niek
Posted 13 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
dueWithin:"2 weeks of today" AND list:work

In searches, there's no need to include status:incomplete
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Niek,

try this:

(dueWithin:"2 weeks of today" or dueBefore:today or due:never) and list:work

Note that you have to put brackets around the first part (the "due" part) to make it work. You can leave out the status:incomplete part because smart lists only show incomplete tasks as default.

Hope it helps...
bithexe
Posted 13 years ago
niek63 says:
That's a quick answer!!

Thank you for your help, Rajjan an Bithexe. It's working now.

Niek
Posted 13 years ago
patrick.conwell says:
@ rajjan,

When I created this list, the search terms would display tasks that had already been completed, so I included status:incomplete to hide completed tasks.

I just tried it again, and you are right though. You no longer need to include status:incomplete. Thanks for the tip.

@ whoever cares,

I also (like many other people) made a grocery list that I can reuse. Problem is that the grocery list does not have a due date, so it kept showing up in my two week list. To fix this, I just modified my smart list slightly:

dueWithin:"2 weeks of today" or dueBefore:today or due:never NOT tag:grocery
Posted 13 years ago
mel.lightbody says:
I wish we could have smart lists on our igoogle homepages. I'd probably use the feature then.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
mel.lightbody,
You can use the iGoogle gadget to show Smart Lists on your iGoogle page. (You configure which list in the gadget's Settings.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago