Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

Outlook and RTM not syncing both ways

axma55 says:

Syncing is only going one way, from RTM to Outlook, even though my setting is to sync it both ways. I've already submitted 2 requests for help weeks ago, and I replied to a post about the same problem. All have gone without a response from anyone...not even as much as a "hey, we're working on it." Maybe a new post will get some attention?

Posted at 8:51pm on August 15, 2011

brendan Pro says:

Hi axma55,
I see the report you submitted in our system, and it looks like we did send a response that included some troubleshooting steps. Would you be able to check your spam folder to see if the message was filtered out in error?

If you need us to re-send the response, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

axma55 says:

Hi brendan - I don't see it in my spam folder. The folder may have been emptied since then. Would it be possible to get the instructions sent to me again? I'll check my spam folder this time. Thanks.

Posted 2 years ago

brendan Pro says:

I've re-sent the response to the same email address. If you don't receive it, please let us know.

Hope that helps!

Posted 2 years ago

axma55 says:

Thank you very much. The RTM add-in was disabled. Works now.

Posted 2 years ago

kezzandy says:

Hey, I have the same problem. How did you fix the add-in being disabled? I'm going to try reinstalling milksync to see if that helps. Please email me if possible.

Posted 2 years ago

kezzandy says:

I've checked my add-in's - no RTM add-in. It has worked previously, although very slowly, so the add in must have been there, but then stopped working and I have given up. I will submit a report on the issue.
I have an Education Qld laptop, which means my administrator access is slightly limited. I had to spend over an hour getting the computer techs to login via remote just to get this program loaded! I've never had this issue before, but RTM must access some sensitive systems that are well guarded on our laptops.
Don't know when I'll be able to try to make this work again. I have little enough time as it is, which is why I'm trying to get tasks organised in the first place!

Posted 2 years ago

brendan Pro says:

Hi kezzandy,
The actual name of the add-in is "MilkSync for Microsoft Outlook". This page gives instructions on enabling or disabling add-ins within Outlook.

I see the request you submitted in our system, and we'll be in touch via email.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

michael.robbeloth Pro says:

I was experiencing the same problem with outlook 2010 and indeed the RTM add-in was disabled. I'm not sure why Outlook disabled it as I didn't do it myself. However, even after doing this, completed tasks weren't update on RTM from Outlook. I had to mark the task as not complete, sync, mark complete, and sync.

If you have a way to detect whether or not the RTM add-in loaded successfully and provide some form of error recovery or at least visual indication to the user that the add-in is not loaded, (tipped over cow icon plus tool tip in task tray :-) ) that would be great.

Posted 2 years ago

michael.robbeloth Pro says:

I did notice this in the log:

9/14/2011 11:18:36 AM [MilkSync] [INFO] OUTLOOK SESSION PROVIDER: Add-in is disabled; trying to activate...
9/14/2011 11:18:36 AM [MilkSync] [INFO] OUTLOOK ADD-IN ACTIVATOR: Starting the add-in activation...
9/14/2011 11:18:36 AM [MilkSync] [ERROR] OUTLOOK ADD-IN ACTIVATOR: Cannot activate add-in.
Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args)
at RTM.Outlook.Service.OutlookAddinActivator.Activate(Object outlook)

InnerException: Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))
Source:
Stack trace:

Posted 2 years ago

michael.robbeloth Pro says:

Oh, I am running 32-bit office on an 64-bit machine if that helps

Posted 2 years ago

brendan Pro says:

Hi michael.robbeloth,
Thanks for sending this information, and thanks for your feedback on this!

If you have any further problems syncing, please contact us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Posted 2 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.