Benvenuto!  Italiano Language Switcher

How to duplicate a task

eateryads says:

I can't seem to figure out where the option is to duplicate a task. It would be very handy to be able to set several parameters in one task that are common amongst a group of new tasks and then duplicate that task X number of times.

I saw a reference to hoe to do such a thing in the help, but my app is not showing what the help says it should. I should be able to click the edit tasks button, select the task, then click the "More..." button to see a duplicate option, but that does not happen.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Loving the app so far!

Posted at 7:29am on July 22, 2011

brendan Pro says:

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to duplicate a task in the iPhone app; sorry for any inconvenience. The help section you were reading may have been describing how to duplicate a task using the web app. You can do this by selecting a task then choosing "Duplicate Task" from the More Actions dropdown menu.

In the meantime, you may be able to use Smart List inheritance to create new tasks with certain pre-defined properties. Task that are added to a Smart List will inherit some properties automatically based on the search criteria for the list. You can find more information about inheritance here.

Hope that helps!

Posted 2 years ago

eateryads says:

Ah, that explains it! Of course I'd love to see this feature in a future release. Thanks for the prompt response!

Posted 2 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.