Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add specific list or Smart List as an icon in the tab bar

honel says:
I have two smart lists that I use all the time and end up navigating via Lists to see them.

It is great that Lists persists the last list you viewed but would be much better if I could add an icon for a given list to make for very quick access.

Perhaps the longer names that people may use for their lists would cause clutter in the UI where there is limited space for icon names. However I would be happy to rename my smartlist or create a clone to ensure it fit ok.

Please please please, this would vastly reduce the number of clicks I need to get things done.
Posted at 5:00am on February 1, 2010
ralfvd says:
I'll second this feature request to add a specific smart list as an icon to the bottom of the iphone app screen.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Absolutely.

C.f., http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/iphone/6670/
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just started using the RTM app, and I'm so surprised this isn't a standard feature.

My primary list is a Smart list, and I'd prefer to default to this list (and use it for badge numbering).
Posted 14 years ago
milkiglo says:
Yeah-this is a big one for me. Having a smart list button in the app dock just makes a tonne of sense.

Smart lists are about the coolest thing about RTM (next to all the access channels) as it makes the service so customizable to individual needs. I think focusing on smart lists makes the laundry list of things people want available to them.
Posted 12 years ago
puckoff7337 says:
is it possible to have a smart list be the first list you see when you log in to the regular web client from your PC?
Posted 12 years ago
lillgu says:
+1
Pleeeease!
Posted 12 years ago
steveshay says:
Unless every single task that you need to do today, tomorrow, or this week has a due date assigned to it, (and that would be be a horrible practice), the three default lists are useless. Besides, what's the point of allowing so many beautiful smart lists if they are buried in a list that I cannot sort? I will admit that there are some design considerations, and sdk limitations, that would make this a bit of a challenge, but it would be a great feature to have.
Posted 12 years ago
milkiglo says:
Just got my iPad a little while ago and am still wishing for this feature.
Posted 11 years ago
stephen.nevison says:
This is the biggest omission in the 3.0 release for me. It would make things so much easier.
Posted 11 years ago
azclaire says:
I, too, find Today Tomorrow and This Week to be completely useless. I would like to designate THREE different lists in their place. Most of the comments are asking for the addition of one button to use for a SmartList.

Posted 11 years ago