Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Include tags in the print view

ccaine says:
It would be great to be able to see the tags associated with a task in the print out view. For example, I have a Smart List that pulls all of my "errands" into one list. I may have each of the tasks on this list tagged to a particular store ("Lowes") or part of town ("WestSide"). Having the option to include this detail on the print out would be helpful.
Posted at 2:11pm on June 4, 2006
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Tags are now included in the print view with the new Remember The Milk.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
dr.uqbar says:
RTM used to do this some time ago. I don't know why but I found out recently. (My old lists still have this functionality!

strange?
Posted 15 years ago
g.bay says:
I would love this functionality as well. I like to run all my taks within inbox, and separate projects through tags only. Having tags associated in print view would really help.
Posted 15 years ago
afavere says:
Seconded. (I also posted this idea, wrongly, in the tips forum: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3056/)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm using RTM with a group of people for work and other such projects, and we use the tags feature to assign various tags to individuals. The print view is great for the old school management types that don't like technology, but missing the tags is a problem when we use them this way. I'd love to see this feature added, and SOON!

Thanks for the great app
Posted 15 years ago
titosemi says:
I have the same problem, i need to see the tags in the print view.
Would be great if these could be possible.

Thanks for RTM!!!!!!!
Posted 15 years ago
morodan says:
I've noticed that if you print with the "Print" command of your browser (or ctrl+P if applicable) from a list view in RTM you get what you're asking for: the list is printed with the tags; ok, maybe this is not very elegant, but while we're waiting for an "official printing function with tags" from whithin RTM could be a workaround...
Posted 15 years ago
icfj.development says:
I'd also love to have tags show up in the print view.
Posted 15 years ago
bonni says:
It would be fantastic to have tags show up in the print view. Also, on another note, having tags show up in RSS feeds would be phenomenal, too.

RTM is the best.
Posted 14 years ago
andrethehunter says:
I'd like to see this feature too
Posted 14 years ago
pandorathecat says:
+1

In general, I would like to be able to choose which fields appear in the print view as well as the "weekly calendar" view - tags, notes, estimated time, etc.

RTM is awesome. Thanks for a great tool!
Posted 14 years ago
apgordon says:
+1

I'd love to have the option of including tags on my print out. Notes would be nice too, but not as desired.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
print tags - and if possible - highlight each tag in different highlighted color to make it easier to use them
Posted 14 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
+1
I Think RTM need better Print options including Tags, Date, Time Estimate and ... options.
Posted 14 years ago
sacha.benda says:
what can i say, i agree!
Posted 14 years ago
terri.hamilton says:
I'd like to have the tags show in print view as well. Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
mcourson says:
Throwing in my vote also.
Essentially have the print page look exactly like the normal view (colors, tags, due date, recurrence).

An alternative could also be to make the action box on the right (List/Share/Publish) collapsable.
Posted 14 years ago
cybersphere says:
I would definitely like to see this feature.
Posted 14 years ago
kirbydanielle says:
Me too!
Posted 14 years ago
greennick says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
nparson says:
Yes... seeing the tags in print view would be great!
Posted 14 years ago
rnissim says:
we've been saying this for so long. RTM we love you, but listen to us. The print view needs to give us more control and options: tags, notes, colors...etc. we can do so much together, RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
jinpark.han says:
+1 here, I just implemented GTD but lack of tag in print is causing issue!
Posted 13 years ago
giovanna.campello says:
I would like to be able to print tags as well, and, while you're at it, the possibility to assign different colours/ fonts to tags (ok, I know it is a bit too much, but since we are in wish list mode). Also, it would be so good to be able to SORT tasks by tags ... Thanks!!!
Posted 13 years ago
chris.ramakers says:
Another +1 here ... the overview of my tasks is gone without the tags associated with each task
Posted 13 years ago
ninjabob7 says:
Another vote... we should at least have some settings for what to include in the print view (tags, lists, etc.). The way I have my GTD system set up, I would like to be able to see the tags for an item but don't care what list it is from when I print a Smart List.
Posted 13 years ago
judsond says:
+1 and notes. The print view just needs to be a little more usable.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
my vote for tags too. a list of print options would be highly useful.
Posted 13 years ago
lukas.fruit says:
NEED THIS TOO, using RTM in team leadership and tags for person assigment
Posted 13 years ago
atul.awasthi says:
Go for it!

+1
Posted 13 years ago
peter.stahl says:
Come on, this cant be that hard to implement.
Posted 13 years ago
jgergic says:
+1 missing this feature for agenda circulation
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would love to have this too
Posted 13 years ago
wherethewild says:
me too!!
Posted 13 years ago
rustypea says:
Me too! Please respond, RTM team - this is a much needed feature it would seem!
Posted 13 years ago
kerrpe says:
me too!
Posted 13 years ago
tomsteg says:
tags and notes in the print view could be switched on, without the printview is not useable alas for me
Posted 13 years ago
jung.no says:
I would use this feature. It would be awesome to see the tags on the print page.
Posted 13 years ago
mattjbray says:
+1
I use tags to keep track of case references. Without them I have no idea which tasks belong to which case! This is a much-needed feature.
Posted 13 years ago
obrien654j says:
+1. Printing is useless since I use tags to organize my assignments by their class
Posted 13 years ago
psylophone says:
RTM is great, but the print options are too limited - adding tags would be very useful.
Posted 13 years ago
sarah.douangchak says:
I think this is a great idea. Any usable print functions would actually be great. I like to print out my tasks monthly for my planner.
Posted 13 years ago
akrywko says:
+1
I need to print form main view now - all trashes included :/
Posted 13 years ago
riddla says:
+1 for the tags in the print view, essential for me
Posted 13 years ago
chris.myles says:
+1.. although judging by the original date it's not coming soon.
Posted 13 years ago
woodardsarah says:
Me too! thanks.
Posted 13 years ago
akrde says:
A big fat definitely MUST-HAVE!!!!

Why still not (re-)implemented?
Posted 13 years ago
spamboy says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
depkelaw says:
+1
I would like to see my tags displayed in my printed lists too.
Posted 13 years ago
thomasmoeck says:
Please let me print out my tags!!
Posted 13 years ago
jacob.rosenfeld says:
Tags & Notes would be great.
Posted 12 years ago
mark.gardner says:
+1 For printing Tags in printview (in the meantime I'm using PrintWhatYouLike.com)
Posted 12 years ago
mark.gardner says:
I found a workaround!! I use the bookmarklet from PrintWhatYouLike and isolate the task list.... Prints list with tags!
Posted 12 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This is a terrific tip, Mark. It's a little crazy to me that one has to resort to hacks like this to generate a decent printout. Especially as this thread is nearing its fifth birthday.
Posted 12 years ago
twman says:
I concur. Customizing the print view is important to me because I do most of my thinking from paper.
Posted 12 years ago
akrde says:
Great tip, Mark. Very very appreciated and exactly the kind of tool i was looking for to solve the print with tags issue. Many thanks!!!
Posted 12 years ago
mariomland says:
+1
Yes! We could REALLY use the tags showing on the print out for our team on the lists. RTM any sense if this will happen or do we all need to figure out a different way?
Posted 12 years ago
scoriat says:
I could not agree more. THis is the key feature missing for me too
Posted 12 years ago
uwe.druckenmueller says:
this would be suuuuuuuper helpful. It would allow me to assign a tag to each of my tasks and to print. Then I could quickly find the task in RTM by searching for the tag.
Posted 12 years ago
odtdtd says:
Just another plus one for this feature....
Posted 12 years ago
kuvee says:
And another plus one. Really missing this!!
Posted 12 years ago
abathgate says:
Please add this! RTM should focus less on fancy stuff (evernote, tweeting tasks etc) and spend time thinking about old fashioned usability - and that includes paper!!!
Posted 12 years ago
mcourson says:
Definitely would be a HUGE plus. I use tags extensively and I lose a lot of information on printouts.
Posted 12 years ago
anavas says:
I create a tag for a project a then I start adding tasks to it. For me is critical as I handle many projects at time.
Posted 12 years ago
skanuit says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
ctmcneil says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
pcourse says:
and another one i desperately need this
Posted 11 years ago
joepsel says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
hdts says:
+1
Yes! We could REALLY use the tags showing on the print out for our team on the lists. RTM any sense if this will happen or do we all need to figure out a different way?
Posted 11 years ago
awestrope says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
ridalma says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
june.finch says:
I'm currently printing from the web browser as the tags (which is a right pain in the way it comes out). Adding tags into the Printable version would make life a lot easier!
Posted 10 years ago
june.finch says:
.... and the above comment in English ....

I use tags heavily and really would like them on the print view. A print from the web browser is a very clunky workaround (I end up having to cut the lists out of the rest of the page). Please add them....
Posted 10 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.