Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Support for the Pomodoro Technique

scoinva says:
Would like to see the ability to make my TO DO list into different time management techniques such as: Promodoro, AutoFocus, and ABCD method.

http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/resources/cirillo/ThePomodoroTechnique_v1-3.pdf

RTM is SUPER FLEXIBLE but maybe too flexible. Making the system "skinnable" for different personality types and lifestyles would take RTM to a whole new level for 2010.
Posted at 2:09pm on December 23, 2009
edubaldan says:
I Totally agree.
I'm using the pomodoro technique and have been using RTM for a while. I aways get myself thinking how to get both "systems" to work together in harmony.
Posted 13 years ago
mahnve says:
+1. I use RTM as my "Activity Inventory Sheet" and would love to be able to set the time estimate for tasks in pomodoros instead of minutes/hours.
Posted 13 years ago
rean1977 says:
This is a great idea. I'd like to add 1p or 2p to the estimated time, but at this point it's not possible.

Besides the estimated time it can come in handy to see the actual time you've spend on the task.

Besides some issues; RTM is awesome!
Posted 13 years ago
mattedgar says:
Seconding mahnve's request to set the time estimate for tasks in pomodoros instead of minutes/hours.
Posted 13 years ago
zehzinho says:
+1. If we could have a clock which updates the pomodoros spent on a task would be awesome! Something like pomodairo:

code.google.com/p/pomodairo
Posted 13 years ago
woodyb23 says:
+1 I also use RTM as my activity invetory and would like the same features.
Posted 13 years ago
froderik says:
top search result for pomodoro+rememberthemilk . me also wants it!
Posted 13 years ago
reschkevito says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
riverjack says:
I would love a pomodoro timer as an optional sidebar gadget. You select the task you want to focus on, start the timer, and go. It'd be slick.
Posted 13 years ago
alex.yim says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
driedtoast says:
+1 this would be a great idea, or minimally have the ability to focus on a task. Click on a task and have it 20pt font that keeps you focused until you are done with that task.
Posted 13 years ago
ward.noppe says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
joralemonshelly says:
Fantastic idea
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Excellent idea.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes PLEASE!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 As soon as possible. Save me having to use a separate timer and list.
Posted 12 years ago
robert.ward says:
great idea
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Great idea! +1
Posted 12 years ago
viemexis says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
mcmrtm120 says:
I agree. On my iPad, I use RTM plus the Pomodoro app. I do need to copy/paste every task to the Pomodoro app each day. Some integration features/ideas would be perfect.
Posted 12 years ago
edwilson.mota says:
Excelent!!! I use google calendar, RTM and Flowkeeper. I'd like to use only one or two systems
Posted 12 years ago
chuckstar76 says:
good idea - are there any blog posts - hints | tips on this?
Posted 12 years ago
oliver.kershaw says:
This would be superb.

Even better (for me, anyway) would be integration with the ipad pomodoro app by codenauts UG.
Posted 12 years ago
javierliu says:
+1 I like this idea
Posted 12 years ago
lizmari says:
Found this thread while searching pomodoro remember the milk sync... Needless to say, I think this is a great idea! I am currently using Pomodroido, but would gladly switch to any app that syncs with Remember the Milk. Even better if Remember the Milk had it's own pomodoro app integrated.
Posted 12 years ago
seocam says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
seocam says:
I'm surprised to see that even with a lot of comments in favor of it there is more votes against it. I'd like to hear the reasons why not to implement it. :)
Posted 12 years ago
odenis says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
harryl says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
nikolavp says:
The way i do it is:
1)Put [], i.e. empty brackets in the task info(the number of brackets = the estimated pomodoros
2)On every completed pomodoro, put an X in the bracket. That way you will have a complete estimate
3)Use "'" and "-" for internal and external interruptions.
Posted 12 years ago
thluiz says:
Good Idea nikolavp, I am already doing this on my work.

I usually use the approximate time of the tasks (i.e.: a task with 3 pomodoros takes 1 hour, 4 pomodoros takes 1 hour and half).

Since I´m a Programmer, we tend to use other units of measure (like complexity or function points) and will be wonderful to use it for monitoring my tasks

Posted 12 years ago
delfin.pino says:
Muy buena idea! Estamos a la espera.
Posted 12 years ago
gerlos says:
I'm also a big fan of RTM & Pomodoro Technique! Hope it will be added some "pomodoro style" features to RTM in next future!
Posted 12 years ago
enterit says:
+1
A must-have feature.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
it would be rally excellent to have these two combined on all platforms.
Posted 12 years ago
andrew.kim says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
lookon says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
jamesr404 says:
+2
(As I'm a paying user of RTM :D )

Using RTM for years and recently started with the Pomodoro Technique, they blend quite excellently.
Posted 11 years ago
gvnkwyr says:
+1
It would be a fantastic addition. For each task a 'Pomodoro' section in the notes tab (or a totally new tab) could include amount of pomodoros spent (or to be spent) on the task (also works as a progress indicator). Calendars should keep a log of pomodoros spent on each task. Integration with pomodoro software is difficult, but maybe full integration with most popular one will do the trick.
Posted 11 years ago
fxprach says:
+2
The Pomodoro Technique and GTD complement one another so nicely it would be great to have RTM support the Pomodori :-)
Posted 11 years ago
kostianych says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
erickne says:
++++1
Posted 11 years ago
enterit says:
Good morning,

I have implemented initial version of Pomodoro app (web-page) for RTM.
I would be thankful if you could give it a try and share your feedback.

http://rtmpomodoro.bitbucket.org

First loading might be somewhat slow, but after JS files are cached it should be pretty fast. Two localizations are supported at the moment - English and Russian.

Feel free to send me a note, or to file a defect in the issue tracker at the project page at Bitbucket.
You can find my contacts at the main page of the app.

Thanks,
Sergey
Posted 11 years ago
prunus_persica says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
alexey.fadin says:
+1
It would be nice to get separate widget
Posted 11 years ago
abumalick says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
novakov.alex says:
@enterit

Hi Sergey,
I've sent my feedback about http://rtmpomodoro.bitbucket.org to your email address.
Posted 11 years ago
ttak003 says:
@enterit

Dear Sergey,

I also like your http://rtmpomodoro.bitbucket.org very much. This is what I actually needed. I like the simplicity, so I do not have any more function to request at this moment.

Thanks!
Best regards
Posted 11 years ago
ttak003 says:
Dear Sergey,

I responded to email as well, but I have some problem with http://rtmpomodoro.bitbucket.org . For some reason, the new tasks will not be updated in rtmpomodoro. I know only tasks due "Today" will be shown in rtmpomodoro, but I cannot find new tasks, which I added now as "due today" in rtmpomodoro.

Also, it may be good to show other tasks due not today as some tasks I need to work more than 1 day, so I put due date as next week or so.

Thank you for your support!
Best regards,
Posted 11 years ago
ttak003 says:
Mr. Sergey fixed both "no-show" tasks and "no due today" tasks.

Now, if we tag tasks "#pomodoro", they appears in rtmpomodoro even it is not "due today".

Thanks again for your quick response!
Best
Posted 11 years ago
ramandv says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
ramandv says:
Hi Sergey,

The app is very useful. Thanks for your effort.

One feature request:
- Currently the tasks "due:today or tag:pomodoro" are displayed by default. If there is a option to use our own smart list filter, it will be awesome.
Posted 11 years ago
rean1977 says:
Just let us choose between estimate in pomodoro's or restimate time in minutes. How difficult can that be? Just a simple quick win for you guys and a great gain for a lot of us.

You're doing a great job with RTM, but I think you lacking your (pro)users by not giving feedback on this issue.
Posted 11 years ago
jun.ge.jason says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
ryancastlenz says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
pgomezborbon says:
plus 1
Posted 10 years ago
r0bis says:
plus 1 :))
Posted 10 years ago
srigtd says:
+1 from a novice
Posted 10 years ago
jvluyn says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
jdoyleoss says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
epolidor says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
maxim.sablev says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
oltsch says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
oltsch says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
iljasorokin says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
atgbcn says:
Yes please!
Posted 7 years ago
profaridw says:
Pomodone integrates with a large number of task systems. RTM should be one of them!
Posted 7 years ago
brandon.gresham says:
This would be an awesome enhancement!!!
Posted 7 years ago
malinso says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
enterit says:
Just wanted to let you know: I have moved "Pomodoro for RTM" to https://rtpomodoro.devcake.org/

Reasons for the move: custom domain name, HTTPS support, and better development tools.

Also, the name has changed to "Recall The Pomodoro" - now it is compliant with RTM branding policies.

If you use the app, please update your bookmarks.
Posted 7 years ago
yuriy.daybov says:
Pomodoro for RTM is a very good solution!
@enterit, thank you for it!
The only thing it would be good to be implemented is an ability to configure a pomodoro length. It's to strict to have only 25-minutes pomodoros. Is it possible to configure pomodoro period?

PS: I wish it was integrated into RTM itself. It would be awesome!
Posted 6 years ago
enterit says:
@yuriy.daybov, thanks for your kind words!

I would like to add more customizations to the app. Two things in my list currently:
- timing customizations (pomodoro duration, short break and long break durations, the number of pomodoro till long break)
- task filter customization (to allow users to configure which tasks are shown)

BTW, I have updated RTPomodoro today. Mostly refactoring - moving to React and Redux. If it breaks for you, please let me know.
I was not receiving notifications from this page recently, so if you could drop me a note to a project email (or file an issue in GitLab), it would be awesome.
Posted 6 years ago
yuriy.daybov says:
@enterit, it works fine so far.
Posted 6 years ago
enterit says:
as for the timing settings, how do you think these should look like? something simple like # of minutes for a pomodoro, for short break, and for long break? how often do you change these settings?
Posted 6 years ago
p6ril says:
I may not be looking for a full pomodoro integration, I have a dedicated timer on my phone that allows to define the various durations of the technique. Simply adding other duration estimation units (like pomodoro) would be sufficient for me for a start. I find it confusing to use a duration in minutes when working with pomodoro even though it's basically the same thing :) Still I believe this would be a brilliant add-on to the tool. Too bad this idea seems to be around for 8 years now !
Posted 6 years ago
kaizentric says:
+1 bring on the pomodoro integration!
Posted 6 years ago
jandert says:
Are there some news about integration of the pomodoro technique? Would be great.
Posted 6 years ago
maruschin says:
Yes, i want pomodoro in RTM
Posted 6 years ago
mxfive4 says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
sdfgh153 says:
Would be awesome to have time tracking in there, especially with pomodoro timers.
Posted 6 years ago
mr_psm says:
Task Management: check — under control. TIme Management: would be wonderful to include this functionality more into RTM.
Posted 6 years ago
dubgeiser says:
Would love pomodoro timer integration!
Posted 5 years ago
leeuwtje says:
@Bob, any news about ingretion with pomodoro timer ?
Posted 5 years ago
valentina.orlandi says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
fd4242 says:
I also would love to be able to paste my !today list into a Pomodoro tracker such as pomodoro-tracker.com
Ideally, when checking a task as complete in pomodoro-tracker.com, it would also make it complete in RTM.
Posted 5 years ago
scotiaking says:
Was just trying to figure out if RTM had that feature. I would love it too. But given it has been requested for 7 years I'm putting the odds of seeing it at pretty much nil.
Posted 5 years ago
vince.buscarello says:
bump?
Posted 4 years ago
mr_psm says:
Is there any progress with Pomodoro Technique in RTM?
Posted 4 years ago
coryallen78 says:
I have found a workaround workflow. RTM + Zapier + Pomodone. You can setup Zapier to connect RTM and Pomodone to manage your pomodoro timers. You do need RTM pro to connect Zapier. Pomodone then can run on your Mac, PC, and Phone. It seems like RTM is setup for this workflow.
Posted 3 years ago