Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Create locations for any of a business type (e.g. task can be completed at any hardware store, any grocery store, etc)

steve.king says:
I would like to be able to use Location to indicate a type of location rather than a specific location, e.g. a shopping centre without having to say which town. Then I can easily call up my list of shopping centre tasks next time I find myself in a shopping centre - it doesn't matter which town.
Posted at 8:10pm on September 14, 2009
mehardin says:
a shopping centre tag works great for that. Locations are just tags with GPS coordinates. If you don't want the GPS coordinates, just use the tag.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/tags/whatare.rtm
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I agree with mehardin. Tags are perfect for that.
Posted 2 years ago
steve.king says:
What I had in mind was something that would proactively beep at me when I was near any example of the category location. So if I was walking past a shoe shop it would remind me that I need to buy new shoelaces, for example.
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
It seems that would require a very thorough map be built into RTM, and then it would have to be constantly updated as businesses open up, move locations, go out of business, etc. Otherwise, how would RTM know that you were near a shoe shop? I suppose it could be somehow tied in with Google Maps or some other directory service, but that would bring up licensing issues and probably costs to RTM (and then to us).

The theory is good, but I don't know how something like that could be implemented with any type of accuracy.

Then again, I don't know much about these things, so maybe I'm way off base.
Posted 1 year ago