Bem vindo!  Português (Portugal) Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Ability to change the completed date

matt.stedeford says:

Ability to change the completed date of a task would be useful.

I sometimes click on complete days after the task was done, and then can't change the completed date. This is important for invoices and seeing how well time is used.

Posted at 3:09pm on March 19, 2006

Dislike
emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Thanks for the suggestion -- would others find this useful?

Posted 8 years ago

des0 says:

i agree

Posted 8 years ago

oberg says:

Me too. I really would appreciate it.

Posted 8 years ago

jennifer.hoffman says:

as would I - in fact, I would like to be able to edit all aspects of a completed task. For example, I just discovered how useful tagging tasks would be - and since I report on my completed tasks, being able to add tags to them would be fantastic.

Posted 8 years ago

dpat says:

I just was looking for a way to change the completed date. I tend to mark tasks as completed way after they were actually done. So this would be a very, very useful feature..

Or is there already a way to do that? Thx.

Posted 5 years ago

billbudney says:

YES!!!!

For me, this is a REQUIREMENT for a To Do list! I use my list to write my weekly reports -- doesn't EVERYBODY???

The ability to edit the item is critical. And the ability to edit the completion date is VITAL.

(BTW, thanks for making RTM... it is very, very close to the perfect To Do List system; especially with the offline ability using Google Gears and the synching with Windows Mobile. RTM rocks)

Posted 5 years ago

lindsay.ellen says:

Yes, I agree. This feature would be very helpful. Sometimes I am not at a computer to "complete" my task and other times I just plain forget to "complete" the task until later. Being able to edit the completion date is critical, especially to keep reoccurring items working correctly.

Posted 5 years ago

junjie.m says:

Yes, I agree. After the task had been marked with Completed label, but I forgot to tag it or other something I want to complement it. Then I must Uncomplete this task and edit it, finally I got the wrong Completed date.

So, I think this feature is must to be.

Posted 5 years ago

vjcamarena says:

yeah, agreed.

Posted 5 years ago

johnmsch Pro says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

nuggetboy says:

+1 ... this is 2 years, 9 months old. Any word on an implementation?

Posted 5 years ago

james.cottle says:

I posted the following response in the Save Completed Date Thread. I looks like it belongs here.

Not being the diligent RTM user that I should be, I will recognize that a task was completed sometime after it actually was. The time that I had hoped to complete the task is not really important, but the historical record of when it actually was completed is --not the date that I hit the completed button.

Example: I set a goal to get a flu shot in October, but for whatever reason, I wasn't able to get one till the first week of December. Now, I didn't note that until the day before Christmas, December 24th. RTM tags the goal as completed on December 24, not December 4th.

Later, should I for some reason need to know when the actual even occurred, RTM has no record of it.

Correct me, if there is a way. I'm not as deep into the nuances of the software as others.

Posted 5 years ago

robboek Pro says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

theterran says:

Yes, please do add this! Also the ability to edit tags and location for completed tasks (which I use for organization).

See: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/2348/

Thank you!

Posted 5 years ago

boujebba says:

+1
Would also love to have a created on field for reference and to be able to know how mush time was spent on a given task.

Posted 5 years ago

gbyerly says:

This request has been repeated in the forums for quite a while. Since the completion date is obviously being stored, it should be relataeively straightforward to make it available for editing.

Please do so ASAP. Since I like this application and its availabilty via the web and my iPhone, this is the only feature that precludes me from making RTM my task manager

Posted 5 years ago

jon.mountjoy says:

+1 - right now you don't record the completed date. All you record is the day I remembered that I completed the task. Which isn't necessarily the same thing :-/

Posted 5 years ago

randy.dichoso says:

what is the status of this request? this feature is badly needed.

Posted 5 years ago

cdhsman says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

odelaney Pro says:

I would also find this useful, along with the ability to edit the title, tags etc of a completed task.

Posted 5 years ago

suk.sar says:

Please add this feature ASAP.....

Posted 5 years ago

miquelmartin Pro says:

Yup, knowing when something was completed is needed for reporting, and you don't always get to click on completed when you should. This would be really nice!

Posted 5 years ago

joellybaby says:

+1

Posted 5 years ago

wohler Pro says:

I'm converting my Handyshopper movie list to RTM and I want to be able to update both the added and the completed date to match that of the original record.

In the short term, I'm hoping to find some time to write some Java code to do it for my case, but will try to write it in the general case. Please send me email if you'd be interested in it, or if you know of software that already does it.

Posted 5 years ago

wohler Pro says:

p.s. Don't include email addresses in angle brackets and use the preview function :-).
wohler at newt.com

Posted 5 years ago

apgordon says:

+1 - would like to be able to change completion date as well as tags, the ability to add a note, etc.

Posted 5 years ago

jill.mayer says:

+1 Being able to change the completion dates (and edit completed tasks) would greatly increase the value of RTM for me!

Posted 4 years ago

gbyerly says:

This feature, to allow modification of the completion date, has repeatedly been requested for years. It is essential to a task management program / system. From a programming perspective, it is a simple change to make.

PLEASE add this feature ASAP!!!

Posted 4 years ago

raymond.bergmark ProPower Poster says:

I agree, having seen this being requested several times. I rarely touch completed tasks for this reason, the completed date is more important than other meta info.

Posted 4 years ago

mariusbernard says:

+1

Posted 4 years ago

mcgrathx says:

+1 for the ability to change the completed date.
Another +1 for being able to change tags on completed items.

Posted 4 years ago

ale.bor says:

+1 for the ability to change the completed date.
Another +1 for being able to change tags on completed items

Posted 4 years ago

nicu.hodos says:

+1 for the changing the completed date.
The change of the tags is possible to achieve if one marks the task as Uncompleted, change the tags and Complete it again. With the ability of changing the completed date, both requirements are possible.

I just discovered this thread and I see it is a very old one. Can anyone tell us what is the status of it? Even a negative response, is still la response and we know what to expect.

Thanks for RTM, it's a great tool.

Posted 4 years ago

remyo says:

+1. This would take RTM to the next level for me.

Posted 4 years ago

torfason Pro says:

+1 This is another one that has been lingering for quite some time now. It would be great to see this one get implemented.

Posted 4 years ago

lillytryon says:

I'm a new user, and this would be a make/break feature for me as it is very important for me to track when a task was actually accomplished.

Posted 4 years ago

susana.barbosa Pro says:

yes, pleeaaaaaaase!

Posted 4 years ago

pauljoeyd says:

Just wanted to voice my support for this feature. Very important for tracking productivity.

Posted 3 years ago

rdjrtm Pro says:

I'm a new user and subscriber who just found out that I could *not* edit completion date/time. I'm an inveterate procrastinator and often clean up a day's completed items just after midnight. I would *greatly* appreciate being able to tweak the time stamp prior to the completion commit so (A) the items appear as completed on the correct date, and (B) so I don't have to go hunt down the generated repeats and correct their due dates.

Posted 3 years ago

devo.heller Pro says:

As a user of several years, and one who also tends to mark items complete after midnight or the next morning, I would find the feature very useful. To me is the number one change I would make to RTM.

Posted 3 years ago

waters.jon Pro says:

I would like support for this, sometimes the syncing between my phone and the website gets messed up and I have to re-complete a task or delete a task and re-add it, and then the completion date is screwed up.

Posted 3 years ago

vnt says:

+1 for being able to edit competed tasks. People have been asking for it for 5 years. Anybody knows why it's taking so long?

Posted 3 years ago

stevemoser says:

Another +1

Posted 3 years ago

marcellolamacchia Pro says:

Me too I feel this need. I'm surprised by this lack: it is a restriction on freedom of action which weighs. I hope soon to be resolved ...

Posted 3 years ago

joshua.dean says:

Yes please! Any update on this??

Posted 3 years ago

relevart Pro says:

I would find this useful too!

Posted 2 years ago

trimaster says:

Is it ever going to be implemented?
I see the first suggestion posted more than 5 years ago.

Posted 2 years ago

beigel01 says:

I too would prefer to be able to enter the date I completed the task. The way it works currently simply logs the day I clicked the task as completed - two very different things. Especially when we're talking about tasks that recur "after" the completion date.

Posted 2 years ago

rikhei says:

Just upgraded my account to pro. I'd love to see this feature.

Posted 2 years ago

ilyse.kazar Pro says:

I'd also love to see this. Please let us edit completion dates, so often the end of the work day comes and I run into dinner/famiy/friends time, and sit down the next morning to mark off everything I completed towards the end of the prior day. I'd love to be able to not only edit one completion date, but to multi-edit as well.

Posted 2 years ago

1mwilliams23 says:

Being able to edit the completion date would be a great enhancement to RTM.

Posted 2 years ago

cdingui Pro says:

This would definitely be a great move forward, to my opinion !!! I'm used to make a weekly report for my boss, and I have to keep this old Excel table to show due and completion dates... Thank you for all !

Posted 2 years ago

simon99 says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

sapabt says:

+1

This would be very handy, I think.

Posted 2 years ago

jbuntu says:

+1 please

Posted 2 years ago

rebknitz says:

Yes yes yes!

Posted 2 years ago

lisa.boggs Pro says:

yes, it's a constant frustration for me not to be able to change the completion dates for record keeping purposes.

Posted 2 years ago

leopardhuff Pro says:

yes please!

Posted 2 years ago

rikbjork Pro says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

rsa_intrado says:

Very much so indeed, whole-heartedly.

Posted 2 years ago

clayton.blackburn Pro says:

Yes, definitely. Can someone on staff explain what will be required to implement the change? Users should be informed if a change such as this is too expensive to implement in the foreseeable future.

Posted 2 years ago

alan.richomme Pro says:

yes, good idea

Posted 2 years ago

pbdoetmee says:

I'd love this feature. And I just need it. When migrating from Things to RTM, I moved over completed tasks (a history of several years) over to RTM. They all got the today date stamp, thus loosing the historical perspective. Beeing tasks in projects, that are reviewed afterwards for educational purposes, it would be very handy to be able to alter the finished date stamp.

Posted 2 years ago

jakenkalman says:

please add the ability to change the completed date - i need this feature as well. I feel like it's really crucial for task management and performance tracking.

Posted 2 years ago

gozar Pro says:

Wow, this thread was started over 6 years ago!

Yes, RTM needs to add the ability to edit the completed date!!

Posted 2 years ago

tveulemans says:

+1

Posted 2 years ago

gordo.w says:

+ 1

Posted 2 years ago

sickanimations says:

+1e9

Posted 2 years ago

vleonty Pro says:

+1

Posted 1 year ago

xinnia.chang Pro says:

+ 1 for changing completed date.

Posted 1 year ago

richard.shafer Pro says:

Would love to see this

Posted 1 year ago

alsy says:

I too would love to see this.

Posted 1 year ago

slkko says:

Please, add this for me ;(

Posted 1 year ago

gingrasnic says:

That would be great. I like RTM very much, but the lack of this feature is disappointing.Thank you

Posted 1 year ago

nbooker says:

Absolutely! Though the lack of this feature did trigger a new and good habit . . . check my lists nightly before going to bed, so I can check off anything done that day.

Posted 1 year ago

davidh.rtm Pro says:

Yes! please add this...

Posted 1 year ago

snark72 Pro says:

Yes, it may sound odd but it's a useful feature.

Posted 1 year ago

veevandyke says:

I know this is old, but +1

Posted 1 year ago

tapakau says:

That would be great. I like RTM very much, but the lack of this feature is disappointing.Thank you

Posted 7 months ago

aajax2 Pro says:

I want this. I hate having misinformation. Right now, for critical items, I have to transcribe to my calendar if I want to know when something was done.

Posted 4 months ago