Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Import/export list settings, including Smart Lists

(closed account) says:
I bet this could be done by a non-RTM developer...maybe. I'm not a web developer so I really don't know.

It would be slick to be able to export my list settings and re-import them later. I've tried some different organization styles and twice have reverted to an older style. It would also allow us to try out other users' suggestions. ...obviously tasks wouldn't be tagged, we'd have to do much of the legwork, but at least the basics would be in place.

RTM could even offer some default GTD setups. This would showcase RTM's power (as it pertains to smart lists) to new or prospective users.
Posted at 7:21pm on February 12, 2009
(closed account) says:
There is already a way to export the account—lists, Smart Lists, tasks, and everything—in ICS and JSON formats (it would be a good idea for everyone to be in the habit of doing this on a regular basis). Also, I've made a manual copy of the setup of all my Smart Lists to have in case I need them. This has made it easy to experiment and reuse parameters as I need them.

Besides this, since RTM allows for an unlimited number of lists and Smart Lists, it's easy to try others' suggestions without disrupting your own system.
Posted 2 years ago