Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Franklin Covey style alpha-numeric priorities

peter.edwards says:
Franklin Covey use an Alpha Numeric priority setting (ie A1 etc). If you had this added at a task level it could widen the appeal and use of the service.

Peter
Posted at 3:34pm on October 19, 2008
johncronin3 says:
I agree. I am evaluating RTM, but have standardized on the Covey way. If you could do the A1, etc and do an auto sort. I think many of the Covey folks would convert easily.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I also would suggest that improvement. Thanks for a great service.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for Alpha Numeric priority setting
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Agreed. I love the power and flexibility of RTM, but I'm frustrated by the lack of alphanumeric prioritizing. I've tried prepending alphanumeric codes to the task descriptions in order to get RTM to sort them properly, but that's a tedious process and discouraging when you need to change priorities around.
Posted 15 years ago
mehardin says:
I'm an old Franklin Planner guy, from before the days of the merger with Covey. I used the alpha numeric system a long time.

You already have an A B C D ordering system (except it's 1 2 3 and none). I don't find it hard to look at my A's and ask, "Which of these is the most important task for me to do right now?"

Being able to add the 1 2 3s behind the A B Cs would be nice, but I think Franklin Covey workers can easily make RTM work within the system.

Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Since this thread is a couple of years old, I'm guessing it's not a priority for RTM, but would love to see it! I'm blogging on RTM right now on PenWarriors.com, and would be happy to do a follow up blog if the Covey-friendly capability got added.

Posted 12 years ago
tobiaseigen says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
dabohnsack says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
sheltond3 says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago