Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to complete tasks from the Overview screen

pattygolsteijn says:
Right now it is not possible to set a task to complete in the overview. First you select a task, then you go to a list and then you can complete. Sometimes I forget to go back to the overview and at the end of the day when I click overview again, I find out that I have missed tasks.
So to just complete a task in the overview would be wonderful.
Posted at 3:11pm on September 18, 2008
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could duplicate the Overview layout using smart lists. That way you can abandon the Overview altogether and use the Tasks view instead, much more configurable.
Posted 15 years ago
omb says:
I second it. Why not have the "Overview"-lists being formatted like every other list? Why should the user learn about the differences of a overview list compared to the rest of the lists?

Don´t make me think ;-)
Posted 14 years ago
rossgoodman says:
I agree with all above.

I have manually re-created the overview content using smart lists.

To think of the coding effort that must have gone into "removing" the functionality !

Ross
Posted 14 years ago
marianobenitez says:
+1 you should be able to take actions in the overview. You should also be able to see time estimates.
Posted 14 years ago
dylan.eiler says:
I actually just posted a similar idea today. So it is +1 for me. I would love to be able to manage my tasks from overview.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/8185/
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
You can do this with one of the Greasemonkey/User scripts "Improved Remember the Milk Overview" which you can download and use at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/38591
Posted 14 years ago
macmusz says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
macmusz says:
One more thing.
For me, the overview is good for acting.
The tasks view is good for planning.
When I act I don't want to switch to planning. And vice-versa.
Basic task actions in overview would be great.
..and would it be closer to GTD?

and +1 once again. :)
Posted 14 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
More overview feature Please
Such as:
Selecting Task, Completing, Postpone, Custom List on Overview
Posted 14 years ago
darthbeep says:
Another vote for editing tasks from overview, especially since i like the way the "weekly planner' prints out much better than the way the task lists do.
Posted 14 years ago
cww says:
And another. Any chance of making this possible?
Posted 14 years ago
mquinnsweeney says:
People have been asking for this for 3 years and it still hasn't happened? Is there any reason not to make this change? I can't think of a downside
Posted 12 years ago
ilyse.kazar says:
Not just complete tasks. Also postpone, view/edit notes, and enter new tasks without having to switch out of overview. Please see https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/189
Posted 12 years ago
waldir.leoncio says:
I think it is clear that the Overview must be revamped. The two most important changes for me are this and idea #462 (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/462/).
Posted 12 years ago
bicer says:
Much needed. I always feel like going to my desktop instead of updating/competing the task from my phone. Lots of room for improvement here.
Posted 12 years ago
mikabren says:
I agree with macmusz.
I really like the Overview since it's so neat (no Bold or Underlined tasks, no tags). It's really easy on the eyes.

However, when I check the Overview and want to complete a task, I'm redirected to the list where the task exists and get bombarded with all the tasks that aren't in the Overview. It feels like an overload error....

So +1
Posted 11 years ago
ilyse.kazar says:
It's so great on my Android to be able to complete tasks from the Overview screen, cannot the same programming logic be applied to the web app?
Posted 11 years ago
chrisweeksnz says:
This is required and seemingly overdue… please get this functionality in!
Posted 9 years ago
(closed account) says:
This seems to be obsolete now that the new UI has been rolled out.
Posted 2 years ago