Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Include URL to email when adding from Gmail

nathan.yergler says:
The new version of GMail provides a URL for individual messages (this makes forward/back work as you'd expect). It'd be extremely handy to populate the URL field for a task with that URL when making an email into a Task. That way I have more than just the subject line to go on (and RTM becomes a little more integrated into my daily workflow).
Posted at 1:55am on June 13, 2008
alex.etc says:
Agreed! I was about to post a new topic on this exact idea.

This feature would make the gmail extension about 2x as useful
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This would be of immense utility.
Posted 15 years ago
apgordon says:
YES! +++1. Right now I've been copying and pasting in the gmail URL into the forwarded message so I have the link back to the orig. message.
Posted 15 years ago
asifm42 says:
+1
and an automatic tag - "gmail"
Posted 15 years ago
dan.steingart says:
Agreed: would be very cool
Posted 15 years ago
alexisa says:
+1
This is a critical feature for me!
Posted 15 years ago
alexisa says:
This may help:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3133/
Posted 15 years ago
scott.kirkman says:
I agree that having the gmail url in the task would be fabulous. Often I would like to change the task name to something other than the email subject, but I know that I will never find the original email again if I do that.

If this gets implemented, please ensure it works with hosted gmail eg mail.google.com/a/mydomain.com as well as gmail.com.

Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
mkny13 says:
Just came to suggest this idea. It makes me sad that it's been out there for 2 years already :/ Any hope of this?
Posted 12 years ago
felixc says:
+100?
:)
Posted 12 years ago
styxiak says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
iaind1957 says:
I also just came to post this as an excellent idea - and I'm sad its been here for 3.5 years!!

Alternative, if its easier, would be to add the body of the email as a Note, but i think the URL idea is neater and more useful overall as it gives access to the whole conversation rather than just 1 email.
Posted 12 years ago
stevie9441 says:
automatic tag gmail
Posted 11 years ago
lillgu says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
tomph says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago