Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show number of tasks in the list tabs

ebukva says:
Hi,
I think it would be of huge use to display the number of tasks which exist in a list right inside of every tab. For example, when I log in, I'd see my inbox list but I'd be able to tell how many tasks I have in all the lists just by glancing. Preferably, they'd say: Inbox (3) | Personal | Work (1) .

(omission representing no tasks - Gmail style)

Keep up the good work & thanks for all of it.
Posted at 5:16am on December 23, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've now improved this with the new Remember The Milk, and the number of incomplete tasks is shown in the left navigation for each list, Smart List, tag, etc.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Oh, fantastic idea!
Posted 18 years ago
blaksaga says:
But put this on the overview page also. ;)
Posted 18 years ago
michal.pluta says:
Very much useful. I sometimes miss my new Inbox tasks. ;)

Posted 18 years ago
michal.pluta says:
Very much useful. I sometimes miss my new Inbox tasks. ;)

Posted 18 years ago
ruth.p says:
I like that idea!
Posted 18 years ago
akrde says:
I like it too! Can we hope to get this feature after more than 2 years now? Would be really great!!!
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Another idea put forward a few times, which I think has real potential, is to have the color of the tabs reflect the number of tasks on them. That way if my bills tab was white, I'd know all clear. Blue was coming due, and red could be overdue, for example.
Posted 16 years ago
akrde says:
No answer from the RTM staff about showing the number of tasks per tab yet?
Posted 15 years ago
joseph.gruber says:
I just signed up yesterday and this is the first thing I noticed. What can I do to help get this feature added?
Posted 15 years ago
apgordon says:
@ranbarton
I like that idea of color coding tabs, but I think I'd rather it be color coded based on how many tasks were inside. Maybe white could be no tasks, Yellow could be 1-5 and Orange could be 5+ or something. This way you wouldn't miss tasks in your inbox that were sent by others and it wouldn't take up more space (my issue with having the number inside each tab - I like to keep things as compact as possible). I'd rather just make a SmartList that has items that are due, overdue, or due within x days.
Posted 15 years ago
akrde says:
I am a statistical freak, so i would prefer numbers inside the tabs! Color coding for tabs with due or overdue tasks in it would be a nice addition to the number of tasks information!!!
Posted 15 years ago
andrew.paprotsky says:
I've created a small script to display number of tasks http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/32518

Hope it helps )
Posted 15 years ago
boxinxu says:
Very reasonable to have, voted.
Posted 11 years ago
boxinxu says:
Sorry for my ignorance. Just found the number of tasks already shown on the right panel beside the task list, cheers!
Posted 11 years ago
asherber says:
The iOS app has this, as does m.rmilk.com. The main web app should certainly have it.
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.