Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Personalized Homepage gadget

holimac says:
How about integrating Rememberthemilk with the new Google API http://www.google.com/apis/homepage/index.html

This is good for people like me who use the Google Personlised homepage. This way we can also see the tasks ahead of us!
Posted at 4:15am on December 15, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've created a gadget which you can add to your Google Personalized Homepage; please see our blog post.
Posted 17 years ago
We're checking out the homepage API -- it's a cool idea :)
Posted 18 years ago
hadrien says:
i also use google home page as a productive tool, and RTM as a google module would be very very nice !
Posted 17 years ago
beau.raines says:
I'd also put in a vote for a Google Desktop Gadget!
Posted 17 years ago
npatrick says:
Here's another vote for a Google Module!
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
It would also be nice to have a netvibes module, my personal favorite (could use the same codebase as googles), for now I display the atom feeds there, but a better integration like displaying more in the rtm style with colors and tags, ... and easy quick addition would be really nice.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for Netvibes module
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
This module could also largely be based on the mobile version, I'm now trying out the mobile rtm inside the bitty browser module in netvibes, it's ok for a temporary solution.
Posted 17 years ago
irian says:
I second a vote for a Google Module
Posted 17 years ago
branch says:
another vote for google homepage module
Posted 17 years ago
maya.stosskopf says:
I'm dying for a google desktop gadget or other desktop-y interface. I'd even be happy with a "skinny view" version of RTM that I could float in it's own window off to the side. Netvibes would also be nice. I just find that I'm not using RTM as much as I want [or, sadly, as much as I used to use the very basic and lame google to-do module] because the full-screen gets buried beneath my work and it isn't natural to work with it.
Posted 17 years ago
turadg says:
Is RTM working on this? Is anyone?

What about making it an open-source project, maybe on Google Code? If it were made open, I would contribute to it.
Posted 17 years ago
turadg, anyone is welcome to use our API to create a Google module :) There's also a developer mailing list if you're interested.
Posted 17 years ago
brent.hohlweg says:
Yes I also would love to have a Google Homepage module to see all my RTM events and tasks...

Keep up the great work!
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger says:
Is there a javascript API? Can't write a Google module in C, unfortunately.
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger, you can make calls directly to the API endpoint with JavaScript -- the Yahoo! Developer Network has some good resources on interacting with APIs via JavaScript in its JavaScript Developer Center (they use Yahoo services as examples, but the concepts are the same with our API). We'll see if we can get some examples up on our site too. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
jmdurant says:
I'd like to put in vote of support for the module, too!
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I'm not sure who I am encouraging, but to whomever might be toying with the idea of a Google Gadget for RTM, more power to you.

Of course, this is my sneaky back door plan to getting a Mac widget...

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/06/turn-google-gadgets-into-widgets-widgets-into-apps/
Posted 17 years ago
rmchale says:
Anyone figure out how to get this gadget to work with Google Desktop?
Posted 17 years ago
rmchale says:
Looks like if I go to "Add Gadgets" and search for:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/rtm.xml

It will come up. However, when I try and login it pops open a separate browser.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
In this thread http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/1303/ someone suggested logging into RTM in Internet Explorer because the Google Desktop seems to use the cookies from IE, not Firefox/Opera/any other browser.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Emily et al.-

Following up on my 10/12 post, using Amensty I now have the RTM gadget running on my Mac as a standalone Mac application. Excellent! Combine that with using it in Google Desktop on my work PC, and this is a huge step forward.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to customize the tasks displayed a bit - pulling from a smart list for example, and maybe limiting the date range, but that's being picky.

Thank you so much for this - what a great way to have RTM always available.
Posted 17 years ago
Ran, glad you got it working on your Mac :) If you think of anything else that we can do to improve the gadget, please let us know!
Posted 17 years ago
dryker says:
Add smart lists to the gadget! Or even the ability to filter by tag....
Posted 17 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.