Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show the list name for each task on the Overview screen

tm2000 says:
GREAT Program.. just ran accross it. Have a suggestion and I didn't see this anywhere.. maybe I missed it...

Lets say I have two lists: Books and CDs

I enter a task with each, say the same task name: Rock

Then my overview is:
Rock
Rock

What would be cool is to have the overview list the List Name and then the task, so when you print it you get this:
Books: Rock
CDs: Rock

Maybe with the List Name in smaller/lighter text? Right now, I am entering Tasks with the List name in front of it.

Keep up the great work!
Posted at 12:54pm on December 6, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Not sure if you tried the weekly planner print view -- that has the list name next to each task.

The overview doesn't include the list name, as it gets pretty cluttered (believe me, I tried to fit it in :) However, clicking on a task takes you directly to the list that it's in.

If people would find it useful to have the list name associated with each task in the overview, we could look at having that come up when the mouse is moved over the task or something like that.
Posted 18 years ago
ultrapasty says:
I second this idea, but it might make more sense to have the list name aligned right where the dates are in the task lists.

That gives me an idea, it would be useful to be able to see times in the overview for scheduling etc.

Perhaps "Buy Rock Book [big space] 7:30PM, CDs"
Posted 18 years ago
ultrapasty says:
Oops sorry - you replied as I was typing ;)

I like your idea of a tooltip - that would suit fine!
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I think Task (List) would be the way to go on this, with date/time info to the right.
Posted 18 years ago