Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Link the Gmail icon to view the email (not open a response)

jjwhite says:
After I tag an email to send it to RTM, I noticed a little red M(ail) icon show up with the task. At first I thought this was simply a link back to gmail, to show me the original email. Instead it opens up a response to the email. I guess this is cool if you ALWAYS want to respond to the email.

I suggest this icon simply link back to the email to view. If someone wants to respond they can respond at that time.
Posted at 5:24pm on January 2, 2008
sosnowsk says:
I agree. Often I have an email that I make a task for, but the task itself dosen't require a reply to the mail. So when I check off the task, I also have to discard the response that was generated by RTM.
Posted 16 years ago
jjwhite says:
I alos jsut noticed that when you actually reply to that tagged email it automatically marks the task complete. Now, if that was true every time I replied to a tagged email, I'd run out of things to do!

I think this feature is nice if it happened like that EVERY time but it doesn't.
Posted 16 years ago
arnee says:
I would also prefer just a link to the mail without creating a reply instantly. Most times I just want to recheck the text of the mail so I have to scroll to the top everytime :(

Maybe you could change this behavior that a normal click just takes you to the message, and maybe ctrl + click creates a reply.

But anyway thanks for this great addon!
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
A link back to the email is what I'd love to see as well.
Posted 16 years ago
arthurlee says:
Agreed. Many a time I don't actually want to reply to the email, I use the email feature simply as a way to reference the email from the task. E.g. email advertising a nice concert, of which i add a task "get tickets from box office in town".
Posted 12 years ago