Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Show icons when tasks are repeating or have notes

ranbarton Power Poster says:
I would love to see little tiny gray icons on the right that would be present if:
there were a note attached to a given task
the task was recurring

This would help me scan through the stuff that recurs and is important but routine and the other more ad hoc stuff that is sually more important. Additonally, the note indicator would be just plain handy.
Posted at 4:28pm on November 14, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We now have icons! Please see our blog post.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
My initial design for the tasks lists actually had indicator icons for both notes and recurring tasks, but they ended up making the interface a lot more cluttered, so I left them out. It's definitely on my list to take another look at though, as it would be useful to see those things at a glance :)
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
RTM's clean appearance is a real part of its appeal, so I feel bad to suggest anything cluttered, but if you had some pale grey note and circular arrow icons, I bet they could exist without being too distracting.
Posted 18 years ago
jiri.fencl says:
And why not make appearing of icons adjustable by user? Turn it off by default and let advanced users turn this thing on ;-)
Posted 18 years ago
tmadge says:
I like this idea!

You could maybe split the priority-colour in half with a different colour for recurring or a note was attached (does that make sense? :o)

or the priority-colour could be bordered by a different colour... but I guess if it was recurring AND had a note attached, this wouldn't work :o(

Posted 18 years ago
bkeevins says:
I'd like an icon to show which list each item is in. If I need to remember to phone somebody, I'd rather have a small telephone icon next to their name rather than having to write 'Phone whoever'. This would speed things up too. I'm sure Home, Phone, Work icons would be easy enough and other sets could be developed by users.
Posted 15 years ago
bkeevins says:
How about hyperlinks in iPhone so you can dial the people you need to talk to straight from RTM?
Posted 15 years ago
mdpearson says:
I agree with bkeevins that for common 'categories' of tasks for want of a better term - like Home, Phone, Work, Letter, Email etc. tasteful use of icons would allow tasks to be visually scanned and digested more easily.

I use the word 'category' since it is in part personal preference whether to use lists or tags to attach such meaning to individual tasks.

I use other tools for organising myself such as the FreeMind mind mapping application and one thing I love about that is that it provides you with a fairly large selection of icons which can be applied to branches of the mind map. RtM could provided the same I feel.
Posted 15 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.