Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Autosave notes

brian.bubnash says:
I find I keep losing notes I type because I type some of the note, forget to hit save, go do something else, then come back to RTM and start to do something else (still without hitting save). It would be _awesome_ if the notes saved themselves!
Posted at 9:40pm on August 19, 2007
graham.reeds says:
I agree. I've lost notes because I forgot to hit save.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I totally agree to this, happened to me frequently
Posted 16 years ago
andrei.marin says:
I totally agree. It happens to me also. Everything in rtm is based on auto-save, except notes.

I think they should be saved automatically.
Posted 16 years ago
academic.cac says:
Still the same today
Posted 12 years ago
skanuit says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
srobb says:
I do this constantly -- I write a big huge note and then move on without saving. So many other web applications (e.g., OneNote) automatically save your work as the default. Please add this!!!
Posted 11 years ago
xxjohnboy says:
yes for sure, this is annoying. I just lost all the links I cut and paste into notes because I forgot to hit save. Very frustrating as I spent a long time looking for those and have no way to get them back as clipboard copy has been overwritten.
Posted 10 years ago
cavanaughmm says:
PLEASE MAKE NOTES AUTOSAVE. PLEASE!

If that's too difficult to do for now, at LEAST make the default "alert" when you leave a note without saving it) to be "YES SAVE THIS NOTE" instead of "yes leave this note without saving". And create an intuitive keyboard shortcut to save the note (e.g. "alt+S").

Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
Perhaps the notes could be auto-saved when that note field loses focus.

Or, as suggested by cavanaughmm, the default button on the alert dialog could be "Yes, save" instead of "Yes, discard".
Posted 2 years ago
iltsu says:
Desperately also need auto-saved notes.
Posted 1 year ago