Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Support for 'weekday' in repeats (e.g. 'every month on the last weekday')

atomicpirate says:
It would be nice to have a "weekday" category to use with repeating items. Then you could use it with a description like "every month on the last weekday".
Posted at 6:29pm on June 23, 2007
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This repeat option (and more!) are available in the new Remember The Milk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this!
Posted 7 years ago
hiromi.suzuki says:
Hi, I would totally agree with you. I have a lot to do every month on the first weekday. But sometimes it is weekend!
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This would be very handy. As it is, I have sets of tasks that I have five of, and each repeats weekly, so one is my Monday instance, etc. Pretty kludgy, but it works.
Posted 16 years ago
twelvety says:
i second this. it would be great to say, "every month on the first weekday."

thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
janastasios says:
+1

I would just like to be able to use "after 1 weekday" for things that I do every day at work.
Posted 15 years ago
kakarotto says:
I third this, it would be fantastic to set a repeat of "every month on x weekday"
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I agree.

"Last weekday of every month" would be nice, too.
Posted 15 years ago
adeleth says:
hear, hear.

having weekday and weekend as recognisable terms would be immensely useful.
Posted 15 years ago
bart.bemindt says:
I was looking for something similar, but I guess it can't be done at this time.

You have my vote for this feature request too.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
jrothlis says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 or even more ...
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi all,

Just letting you know that this is on the developer's list of feature requests. If/when it gets developed - I'll let you know :)
Posted 15 years ago
tomokazu.kiyohara says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
lewis.howell says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
j.barrett says:
Krissy, this was raised before by marc.garcia.marti but the answer was not positive for obvious reasons. Its great to see its being worked on but while its being worked on could it also include the date field being formula driven too? I'd like to put in a code like due:everyday NOT ("Saturday" or "Sunday")?

Thanks!

Hello folks,

any chance to implement this kind of recurrence?

best wishes,

marc

Posted at 11:31am on July 3, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Hi Marc,

It's not possible currently, sorry -- we can look into this in the future (although it may be challenging, as people may start work on different days and it would probably need to take into consideration public holidays too).

Posted at 9:25am on July 7, 2008
Posted 14 years ago
bwicks34 says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
kaffa2 says:
+1 for sure - would love ability to repeat "after one month on weekday"
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1. And add weekdays to durations as well, I use Rajjan's simulation of start dates using the "zzz" list and the zxd tags. Would be much, much better if it understood weekdays/weekends.
Posted 14 years ago
marcelcook says:
I've just discovered you can't do this either - so another vote to add a feature to allow me to repeat "every month on the first weekday" etc.
Posted 14 years ago
discoveringself says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
n.k.cornish says:
I would like to be able to repeat on a weekday. eg. after weekday. This would be consistent with the "every weekday" functionality.
Posted 12 years ago
jonaswouters says:
+2 ;)
Posted 12 years ago
nyrk says:
Something like "every first monday" or "on the fifth of each month" could be very useful, indeed.
If you want to do something on a certain day each month (wiring money for example), this could be helpful (in addition to using a calendar that supports repeating entries, of course).

+ 2
Posted 12 years ago
rwevans says:
we have weekly meetings on Wednesdays and I want to do something special on the last meeting of the month. So some kind of a repeat option for "the last Wednesday of every month" would be fantastic.
Posted 12 years ago
andycandler says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
jhollington says:
Definitely agree on the need for "weekday" / "weekend" repeat functionality (e.g. "Last weekday"). For that matter, "last day" would be very useful as well.

That said, it's worth noting that *specific* day-of-week repeats already work fine -- those that include either a specific day of the week by name, or a specific numerical day of the month. For example, tasks that repeat "Every month on the last Wednesday" or "Every month on the 5th" should work fine (I have several similar tasks in my own case).

The main thing missing here is the ability to use non-specific days such as weekday, weekend, and simply "last day" (which could be the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st depending on the month).
Posted 12 years ago
ajorpheus says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
balasarius says:
YES so need this. it is so hard to set up weekday and weekend routines with this vital feature
Posted 11 years ago
slbrenton says:
+! on weekday repeat functionality
Posted 11 years ago
cknight1001 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
nicolas.jaquier says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
pjw138 says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
stenemo says:
They have it now! Great that you got it for us Remember the Milk!
Posted 10 years ago
ed.shapard says:
Yes! Please implement this!
Posted 10 years ago
benjamin.egloff says:
waiting for it since 6 years :)

Posted 8 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
And now we have it!
Posted 8 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.