Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard shortcut for opening the URL associated with a task

tvjames says:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the URL associated with a task? If not, could I request it? :)
Posted at 2:42am on June 21, 2007
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is now possible with the new Remember The Milk. :)

There's a "shift + u" keyboard shortcut for opening the URL.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
justis.peters says:
This is what I just came here to post about. Great minds think alike, eh? How convenient that would be, to use j/k to highlight the task, 'i' to select it and some TBD key to open the URL in a new window.

That new window part is actually what drove me to come request this. I was tired of having to explicity tell it that I want a new window rather than sending me away from RTM. It takes a little while for all the AJAX, Google Gears, etc to load up, so I prefer to stay within the current session of RTM.

This could easily be implemented by putting an HREF in a hidden div and associating a keyboard shortcut with it. I'll leave it to RTM to find the best implementation for them, but thought I would point out just how trivial it would be to make this happen with no impact to the existing UI.

Kind regards,
Justis
Posted 16 years ago
maseratij says:
Voted Yes
Posted 12 years ago
pothix says:
I really need this one. =\

I just want something like Google reader. Pressing "v" a new tab opens with the content of the url.
Posted 11 years ago
rjp1958 says:
Would love this.
Posted 11 years ago
isaacab says:
This would be so helpful, and technically it doesn't sound like a big deal.... +1
Posted 10 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.