Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Attachments for tasks

ashiro says:
A lot of services are beginning to offer the ability to attach files to tasks, folders, etc. Such as relevant documents or pictures.

I'd more than willing to pay a fair subscription for this ability.

What say ye?
Posted at 2:22am on April 14, 2007
hourback says:
I yearn for attachment capability.
Posted 9 years ago
laisan says:
I'd like to vote for this feature if it will help to speed up it's development.
Posted 9 years ago
mabla says:
take evernote!
Posted 5 years ago
manveru says:
I think this would be a great feature. Attaching relevant files to tasks would be very helpful. To offset costs, it could easily be a pro only feature.
Posted 5 years ago
shaun.deans says:
One way the cost factor could be alleviated is to integrate with an external "Cloud" storage site like drop box. The attachment could be stored in the Cloud with only the meta data being stored against the task. Then when you hit the download option RTM throws you over to the cloud storage provide.

The RTM team then just need to write the code semi modular so that they can add different storage providers such as dropbox, amazon s3.

[ ps. Happy for the dev's to contact me for more info ;-) ]
Posted 5 years ago
xinhes says:
I wan't to be able to attach an URL to a Google Doc. Maybe a document I need to work on or a calc sheet that needs to be filled in.
Posted 5 years ago
brentholomule says:
I need to attach excel files and adobe files. Usually only 1 page long, but occasionally 2 or 3 pages.
Posted 5 years ago
auger says:
I "attach" documents by pasting the Google Docs URL in the notes field of a to-do. Works like a charm.
Posted 5 years ago
magnolie42 says:
i cannot wait to have this capability available. its one of the few things missing in Rtm
Posted 5 years ago
mats.kirknes says:
It is better to allow the user to connect his/her own cloud storage to RTM, rather than expand RTM to include such storage natively.

Just like shaun.deans propose
Posted 5 years ago
frankt72 says:
Good idea! Please do.
Posted 5 years ago
faye.gary says:
I think attachment of documents would be essential as the program grows and competes with other software. I have explored several other software packages and found the capacity to attach documents. The user friendly approach in RTM is very attractive. Thanks.
Also, how do I save everything that I have completed? I need to data for reference and for accountability of work. Thanks again. Faye Gary
Posted 5 years ago
tryster says:
I currently do this by sharing a file/folder via sugarsync, but it would be much nicer if I could do it all via RTM.
Posted 5 years ago
pmthomson says:
I think it makes much more sense to integrate with an outside provider either Evernote or Dropbox for file storage using tags. I clip everything into evernote anyways and being able to access and see those items would be much more useful than having RTM become a massive does everything product.
Posted 5 years ago
blake28 says:
I forward a lot of emails from Outlook to my to-do list. It would be great if the attachments stayed with the task. That way I can delete my email as I know I have all the relevant info in my task.
Posted 5 years ago
xdhrvt says:
Same here - I also often take pictures of a paper note w/ my smartphone & send it by mail to myself in order to remember it in the future - and I really miss the ability to find it in RTM. Strong support from my side.
Posted 5 years ago
test.teste says:
Adding attachments should be added to RTM ASAP!
Posted 5 years ago
metaloop says:
Free cloud storage can easily be found elsewhere. Add URLs to your tasks and let's keep RTM lean and mean.
Posted 4 years ago
rayu99 says:
there are many times when a document or graphic would be helpful to document a task- more info then in a note. Attachments would provide this capability- I would accept limitations- like no more then 50 or 500 mb, what have you and as a pro feature only
Posted 4 years ago
drober01 says:
Being able to attach pictures and/or files would be a great help to "go paperless"
Posted 4 years ago
heathweaver says:
It should be able to link up with Dropbox, Google Docs, or others. You can put a link right now, but it would be great if there was a more integrated way to do that.
Posted 4 years ago
dacian.lontis says:
Totally for attachments !
Posted 4 years ago
hartl_vienna says:
No changes since April 14, 2007! Are you serious?
Posted 4 years ago
david.snigier says:
URLs are the answer here. Link to an item on your cloud provider elsewhere
Posted 4 years ago
jayr.magave says:
Well, i think it well be easier for evernote guys to implement calendaring than RTM to implement attachments. Well stick to EN.
Posted 4 years ago
henrikba says:
Agree with several posters; let's keep RTM clean and just add URIs to your attachments. Maybe even a evernote://doc could get some direct linking if supported by the OS?
Posted 4 years ago
sfabius says:
What is needed is an easy way to add the URL without going back and forth. So an add-on to a browser, for example, that opens a small window to create a new task with a link to the current url (kind of like the evernote clipper). When emailing, presumably one could simply include the url on the appropriate line.
Posted 4 years ago
hansekaiser says:
Evernote integration!!!!
Posted 4 years ago
martyrizzo says:
Being able to include attachments in emails would be a very useful feature to have. Please consider adding it as soon as possible.
Posted 4 years ago
aka178 says:
That would be useful
Posted 4 years ago
whsantos says:
+1 on attachments from emails. Given the way I work with Outlook, that would be great.
Posted 4 years ago
xavier.mangoen says:
+1 for attached file from task created by mails or added in outlook with any files
Posted 4 years ago
leo.asselman says:
This is also my wish. More evernote functionality in RTM like attachments
Posted 4 years ago
hdinapoli says:
It would be very useful to be able to place more than one tag to each task
Posted 3 years ago
marc.vetter says:
it should not be that RTM is getting a second dropbox, but just some space (limits per attachement and overall) are nice...
Posted 3 years ago
macdonaldster says:
I would love to be able to attach photos and document scans to tasks.
Posted 3 years ago
henrik.gardishyan says:
attachments would make this service almost brilliant
Posted 3 years ago
brett_mumaw says:
+1 for attachments.

Use s notes on my galaxy note 2. I can't export them via url. Sure, I could export them as a pdf to evernote or dropbox and then add the url to my task, but who has time for that?

Please please please add the ability to add attachments!
Posted 3 years ago
baysailor says:
Come on guys, that is the last (and very important) pice of the productivity puzzle! Wea ll see it a added value and would pay an opt in fee.
Posted 3 years ago
vleseg says:
I can't see a point here.
I'd rather have an ability to assign multiple URL's to one task with one always reserved for links to outer cloud storages.
I can understand this longing desire for innovations, that any user of any web-service possesses these times, but - please- be reasonable.
RTM's power, above all, is it's simplicity, abstractedness and, therefore, flexibility.
Let it stay that way.
Posted 3 years ago
caseycs says:
I also vote for attachments, it will be very useful!
Posted 3 years ago
halexis says:
Is it possible then to put a link in the url-field (or the notes) to a particular photo from my Dropbox account ?
Posted 3 years ago
relevart says:
I don't think it's needed. It would bring too much complication. A simple dropbox link is enough in my opinion.
Posted 3 years ago
eucatastrophe1 says:
What about the proposal from a vendor that I have in my email box -- which I will review next week (and may simply discard). I think it's important to be able to forward the email to a task manager where it can be organized and planned outside of email.
Posted 2 years ago
cmklar says:

Dropbox?? why upload file, just because i need to link to it from RTM?
why not just attach, an image, a pdf, an .eml file, go figure what else...
Posted 1 year ago
davebower says:
Need to attach attachments!
Posted 1 year ago
sigphyl says:
Yes, to attachments & photos! Yes to being able, then, to copy the attachment or photo to more than one tag or vice versa, to tag more than one time. Then to search the attachments independently by tags or by their original items. Also great: to be able to email or print just the attachments or photos or along with their original tasks or note. (And of course, to be able to email or print the original task without the attachment if one wishes.) Would gladly pay for the enhanced capabilities.
Posted 1 year ago
bondar.as15 says:
Posted 1 year ago
chikletch says:
Posted 1 year ago
limamedeiros says:
Posted 1 year ago
luiscu says:
I'd like a feature that allows to create a task in RTM with a file "attached" seamlessly:

1. Create the task as usual

2. Click on "attach" a file (upload a file o from URL)

3. The application "attach" the file not by storing the file in RTM but in dropbox and creating the link RTM-DB automatically
Posted 11 months ago
ben.palantir says:
Posted 8 months ago
istjgeek says:
I'm amazed this still hasn't been added. Will prevent my renewal. Toodledo has had this for years.
Posted 8 months ago
zeniten says:
Posted 8 months ago
jessicahawk says:
Posted 8 months ago
jonrouston2 says:
I take it that after 8 years this is unlikely to happen, but it breaks RTM for me. I came here for better email of tasks and therefore easier task management from outlook, but if it doesn't bring the attachments with it, it makes at least three more steps (download to dropbox, generate link, add url to task)
Posted 7 months ago
carloscadu says:
As said before "there are many times when a document or graphic would be helpful to document a task- more info then in a note." Also, to count on third parties (Evernote, gDrive) to obtain/insert external links into RTM makes add task information much slower than it would be if attachments would be managed direct by RTM.
Posted 7 months ago
bhar says:
I am saying +1 for the feature, knowing the potential difficulties emerging from it (encryption, attack protection, storage space and so on).
Anyhow for those with some PHP webspace at hand: maybe you can give Jirafeau a try ( It takes you three clicks to upload a file; for everyday stuff like spreadsheets, images, pdf, etc. quite suitable.
Posted 7 months ago
fluffymutant says:

Nothing fancy, just want to attach a pic
Posted 7 months ago
pralston says:
Yup +1
Posted 7 months ago
devarni says:
For file attachments and notes I use Evernote... it's IMO better for such stuff and Evernote can be easily linked to RTM.
I've used also Todoist with a premium subscription and Todoist has this features and I have rarely used it.

Anyway for $40 it should not be a problem to reserve some server space (or use a cloud provider) to allow attachments. With other todo apps this is working since a long time.
Posted 5 months ago
acance says:
So is this a feature that will be added later down the line? Todoist allows you to add attachments - we like to add spreadsheets or the actual procedure to a task for it to be completed.
Posted 4 months ago
ukgarethevans says:
I vote for linking capabilities to local or network files or folders. It seems like such a basic and useful feature I am surprised your product owner doesn't seem to care about it.
Posted 12 weeks ago
wellington.alves says:
This request was posted almost 10yrs ago and NOTHING?
Come on RTM guys.
Did you at least read this forum?
Posted 9 weeks ago
tjmurphy66 says:
Personally my company's IT folks block all "sharing" sites and this would probably push RTM over into that category, blocking me from using it at work so I voted no. They've already blocked various other sites like Trello and Todoist for these reasons.
Posted 8 weeks ago
bonny.moorhen says:
Actually attaching files could cause problems with many corporate IT services, as they ban this sort of thing. It would be better to include links to some other storage service such as in Shaun Dean's proposal.
Posted 6 weeks ago
romain.boiteux says:
Attaching files is a necessary function, please add it !!!
Posted 6 weeks ago
sgrundman says:
Considering perhaps moving over to Nozbe for this reason. I think the RTM interface is much better, but I need my assistant to attach files to my tasks so that I don't have to go fishing when my task appointment arrives.
Posted 6 weeks ago
micheldm says:
Please consider implementing this.
Posted 11 days ago
dominic.spachmann says:
Posted 3 days ago
rstettler says:
Bitte implementiert die Möglichkeit
Posted 9 hours ago