Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to 'move' a location (e.g. when moving to a new house or office)

jaedi says:
The possibility to move and rename a location would be really helpful.

For example, if I move to a new apartment, I currently have to create a new location with a new name, and re-assign the location field of all tasks referring to "Home".

I think many of us use generic location names, some of which will change far more often (but are referred to in fewer tasks) - a new supermarket, consultancy, favourite bar, etc...

Another (minor) suggestion: colour-coding locations in the tag cloud to distinguish them from other tag types, as is the case for standard task lists.

Any takers??
Posted at 10:17am on February 23, 2007
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It's now possible to edit the address for a location in the new Remember The Milk.

Just hover over the location name in the left navigation, click the arrow dropdown, then select 'Edit location'.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your feedback!
Posted 7 years ago
jaedi says:
I've found the rename location feature. Does a move feature exist?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
jaedi, unfortunately there isn't a move feature (although it would be handy!). I'm not sure if you've seen it already, but you might find the multi-edit feature useful -- this might make it easier to quickly re-assign locations on your tasks. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
good.man says:
Is there any way to even VIEW where the location is? I created a location a while back and can't remember where it's located. Obviously, I didn't name it well, but I don't even know what to rename it.
Posted 12 years ago
good.man says:
Ah, found it. Never mind. ;-)
Posted 12 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.