Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

'Goals' feature

anpal79 says:
Unlike Tasks and Task lists (Projects), wich have clear path of action and due dates, Goals - are our life's priorities and are more complicated to be quantified, etc.
But Goals are the most important in our life. And we should build all of the our other plans taking our Goals in account.
That's why I propse to introduce a separate "Goals" entity, so that we can take a quick look at them at any time, as well as asociate a Task or Task list (Projects) with some (or a few) of our Goals.
And that way we would know, that we are approaching to the Goal while doing a Task.
Also, based on our Goals, we could later make plans, projects and tasks, that will bring us closer to the life Goals.
Posted at 10:54pm on January 9, 2012
(closed account) says:
Just create a list or a smart list named "goals" and or use tags associated with it.
Posted 12 years ago
pconpcs says:
anpal79 has a point. I was just going through this process. I have goals for this year, 5 years, 10 years, and 25 years (just high level). But i try to have actions leading to those. In RTM i just put in my annual goals with Dec 31st deadlines, but some of them have steps leading up to the completion. It could be motivating to complete a step (task) and see that your nearing your goal.

But in the effort of keeping RTM simple and easy to use, I am going to try toxicfuel's suggestion and see how it goes.
Posted 12 years ago
bpokorney says:
Tasks should either be linked to goals or, at least, indicate if the task is related to a goal or goals or not.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think this can already be done with Lists, Smart Lists, tags, etc.
Posted 2 years ago