Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Trello integration

seamus.bradley says:
I use Trello.com for organising my projects, I'd love to see interaction between Trello and RTM. I've just realised that what I'd really like is "export this task to RTM" which is more a trello feature request than an RTM one… But I can imagine it would be nice to go the other way too: export to trello list...
Posted at 3:00pm on November 2, 2011
sn3akyp3t3 says:
I just joined Trello after viewing this request. It looks like a fast growing app despite its simplicity. Due to budget constraints at my workplace I will be suggesting Trello to my boss for project managment. As of Dec 13th their Twitter account mentioned an API will be available soon for data export. I hope that RTM and Trello appreciate the potential for 2 way communication for optimal productivity.
Posted 12 years ago
tariqrazzaq says:
Trello is a really simple, easy to use, visible application.

I use it at work and for bits at home.

Integration between RTM and Trello would be fab
Posted 12 years ago
phaedrus1313 says:
Hi tariqrazzaq,

Could you share some suggestions for how you use both Trello and RTM? What parts of your workflows you do in which tool?

thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
gijswijs says:
I would like to see this integration also. I think it would be nice to sync Trello lists with tags in RTM. Give each list in trello a unique tag in RTM. If you would drag a card from one list to another in trello, it would have to change the tag in RTM. The other way around would work also: If I change a tag in RTM, the item would move to another list in Trello.
You would have to think up a solution if by accident a task in RTM has multiple Trello tags. I would say that it should be in the Trello list the most to the right, and you would ignore the other tags.
Only the front of the card in Trello (the task description) would have to be synced with RTM.
Posted 12 years ago
slimbolala says:
I have a long backlog of tasks, etc. captured in RTM, and it's serves those purposes excellently. But I'm finding that for my right-now stuff, and particularly stuff that's collaborative with other team members, the visual and team-centric aspects of Trello are very nice. So what I personally would love to see would be an integration that allowed me, say, to "feed" RTM items into Trello, export them into, api-to-api, Trello cards. Something like that.
Posted 11 years ago
brookwarner says:
I'd love to use Trello to visualize my RTM lists : "inbox" (backlog), "personal", "work", "next", "urgent" etc. I would do something like: use the RTM API to GET all tasks, priorities, tags, due dates, presumably populate a database somehow, and then send these items to the Trello API. Due date = due date, list = board, tags = labels, priority = position. Iteration 2 would then be to make it sync 2-ways, so when I move a trello card from one list to another, it updates RTM
Posted 11 years ago
phoebos says:
If no integration is planned, then RTM would be great if it could integrate some cool features for project planning.
Sometimes in RTM, you feel you have to code in RTM or to make up a routine to use it conveniently... :-(
Posted 11 years ago
rhyswynne says:
Hi All,

I had a similar problem to this recently, using RTM for my day to day to do lists and my Trello for my long term strategies.

I've coded some code that works pretty well (though uses a separate tool to convert a Trello Board into an ICS feed), you can see it here :) http://3doordigital.com/import-trello-cards-into-remember-the-milk/

Keep up the great work RTM peeps :)

Rhys
Posted 11 years ago
isasgeir says:
It has been difficult to use RTM for project management - Trello is like a fresh air in that respect. RTM - Trello interconnectivity would be great.
Posted 11 years ago
aforementionedthoughts says:
Agreed, I am loving Trello for project management and wish there was some way to use both great systems at the same time.
Posted 10 years ago
dreyjor says:
I'm agree too. RTM is perfect as personal productivity tool, but for project management Trello is fantastic. Integration please!
Posted 10 years ago
dave3141 says:
We use Trello at work for project management, and I use RTM as my personal productivity tool. Integration between these two would be great, and would make it much easier for me to argue that my whole team should be using RTM!
Posted 10 years ago
vistar says:
nice idea
Posted 10 years ago
mixali says:
1) It is possible to "export" / read Trello tasks from a Board as .ics, (and add this calendar to see it in Google Calendar or Outlook, i.e.). - I was trying to find a IFTTT formula to add them to RTM via Email but IFTTT only reads the calendars owned.

2) Both Trello and RTM have their API to communicate.

Thus, should be possible using one of these 2 methods to create (and update) tasks fom Trello to RTM or the other way arround.

Would be just great!
Posted 10 years ago
alfredo.dimaunahan says:
i just tried trello a few days ago and i'm loving it. i would love to see this integration in action. here are couple of use cases that i need:
- Trello to import certain list from RTM (i.e. Today). would be helpful to manage visually the in-progress, on-hold, done tasks
- In Trello, once an imported task is moved to Done list, it should mark the task in RTM as completed

i guess those 2 for now. i'm excited to see this. otherwise, i'll create and app for this myself... ;)
Posted 10 years ago
jebeaudoin says:
Two-way integration between RTM & Trello would be awesome. Please make it so!
Posted 9 years ago
valdar729 says:
Any planned integration between the systems? We use trello for project management and keeping my person tasks in sync with it is a manual chore right now.
Posted 9 years ago
(closed account) says:
please make a two-way integration between RTM & Trello. i think it is enough if trello automatically creates rim tasks if there is a due date. And creating recurring tasks in RTM will automatically create a trello card (triggers on a TRELLO tag)

this would make my GTD and projectmanagement complete (EN - RTM - TRELLO )
Posted 8 years ago
mqheel says:
If RTM would get with the program with IFTT and Zapier, these recipe integrations would be possible. They don't seem to be plugging into this world like Trello, Todoist, Toodledo, MeisterTask, Asana. Love to use in a more meaningful way with Slack and other programs I use regularly. Way behind other companies.
Posted 8 years ago
nemolinero says:
Anything changed?
Posted 8 years ago
jchirschy says:
I use Trello for project management and RTM for capturing tasks and organizing them. It would perfect if it could be possible to connect this apps. Maybe through a Zapier trigger ?
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
I concur with the above comments regarding potential integration between RTM and Trello. Both of these apps have definite strengths and advantages that are not necessarily substitutable.
Posted 7 years ago
lucaor says:
Any news about integration between RTM & Trello ? I need integration. Plese let us know.
Posted 7 years ago
schelcj says:
+1 on integration. I'd settle for RSS to Trello with IFTTT but RSS feeds of smartlists are broken and have been for quite some time.
Posted 7 years ago
kagorges says:
Would love to see checklists exported from Trello to RTM so I can track each task. And then when updated in RTM, they are updated in Trello. Integration would be fabulous!
Posted 7 years ago
john.hochroth says:
+1 Trello is great for a lot of things, but not good with managing a list of tasks (its stuck in its "card" format). There are a few companies working on integrations that would allow seeing/working with all of the data in a trello project's lists with bidirectional syncing. As an example, Bridge24.com is a good start, but their app is not stable, tends to crash. If RTM could support an integration with bidrectional data sync, the two apps could work in tandem and RTM users would benefit from all of the other trello integrations/add-ons that are out there.
Posted 6 years ago
alexsoul says:
+1 yes, I am too looking for integration Trello <--> RTM
Posted 6 years ago
bmarco21 says:
+1 yes, I am too looking for integration Trello <--> RTM
Posted 6 years ago
stefank60 says:
yes I'd like to see integration between the two - esp in the direction RTM to Trello
Posted 6 years ago
mixali says:
I also would love to have the possibility of syncing in both directions Trello and RTM !

It should affect a selected Trello Board with a certain RTM list, and allow to choose between:

1. rtm Tasks <--> Trello cards
2. rtm Tasks <--> Trello checklists

Moreover certain fields should be also synced between Trello and RTM:

- rtm task URL <--> Trello Card URL
- rtm task notes <--> Trello Card description
- rtm due date <--> Trello Card due date
- rtm tags <--> Trello Card/Board labels
Posted 5 years ago
daphneblumen says:
Yes, I would love this too.
Posted 5 years ago
daphneblumen says:
Actually I just figured it out via Zapier :)
Posted 5 years ago
olsansky says:
Add a task is literally the only integration on Zapier for Trello

https://imgur.com/a/IINUYeg

I feel like the developers should allow community to help them out. It feels like the development is stagnating.
Posted 5 years ago
roryliz says:
I use RTM as my primary task tracking vehicle. I use Trello as my primary project tracking vehicle. Currently I create a trello card & copy the link. The create an everenote task with the trello link, then assign evernote task with a date with the RTM option to automatically create an RTM task with that date. Then in the RTM task I add the Trello URL. I then add that EN note inside the Trello card. I would rather have trello create the RTM task. And create an EN note if needed. Lots simpler.
Posted 15 weeks ago