Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Linux desktop app

thedoson says:
Not just browser add-ons or phone apps but I'd love to have an official RTM app for my desktops, laptops, netbooks.. for all operating systems esp Linux (ubuntu).

p.s I am sure it won't be that hard for you guys to make a beautiful app. and it won't take much time either. You are pros LOL

Posted at 9:37pm on May 20, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We just launched Remember The Milk for Linux! We hope you like the new app. :)
Posted 7 years ago
gfe says:
I use Remember the Task on my Linux desktop and netbook and it works quite well.
Posted 12 years ago
rmezger says:
Adobe Air will no longer be an option for Linux desktop users as it is no longer developed for Linux. "Remember the Task" would not be a good option.

I am currently trying native apps like "Getting Things Gnome" and "Tasque". Neither of them are suiting me well though :(
Posted 12 years ago
capemayal says:
I have a pro acc't, and I feel there should be support for ALL mainstream OS and e-mail/calender clients.
Posted 12 years ago
florian.wilhelm says:
I completely agree with capemayal. There should be a Linux client given that so many people are using it.
Posted 12 years ago
ljkenny says:
I agree.

Tasque is okay for viewing tasks, but seems incapable to complete them correctly.

A purpose-built Linux application (for all distros) would be great.

You have my vote.
Posted 12 years ago
dawez says:
Tasque is ok but still in early stages of developing...
Posted 12 years ago
dygituljunky says:
My wife and I have Ubuntu, Mac, and Windows machines. Native applications for each of these OSes would provide opportunities for pop-up reminders, spoken reminders, and offline task management.
Posted 12 years ago
kerrpe says:
I use it constantly on my win down tablet, but the need for an internet connection really slows my productivity. I'd love to see a desktop version!
Posted 12 years ago
werru says:
Getting Things Gnome disable plugin for RTM. But it will be enable in 3.0 version. They are working on it
Tasque is baggy
Posted 11 years ago
aster69 says:
I tried Tasque, gmilk and Getting Things Gnome but none of them worked very well on Ubuntu. I mean, if you just check tasks then they're ok, but it's hard to manage them. ( BTW, Tasque is relatively good, both in UI and function.)
RTM should consider developing desktop apps for Linux because sometimes we really need to deal with tasks offline.
Posted 10 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.