Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard shortcut for 'duplicate task'

joerg.rieckermann says:
This would be a very useful feature (and not only for all GTD-ers out there) to have as a shortcut. Creating tasks with the same characteristics (List, Tags) on the fly would be such a gain!

Please consider!
Posted at 5:44am on April 5, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
While not a direct keyboard shortcut, you can now access the 'More' dropdown with the '.' keyboard shortcut, and then use the arrows to reach 'Duplicate task'. Hope this helps!
Posted 13 weeks ago
j.aitken says:
+1 Please consider, I would find this a productive & time saving feature.

Many of my tasks act as a seed which spawn or morph into new tasks that retain many of the attributes (tags, location, list etc...) of the original. It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to speed this process along.
Posted 5 years ago
karmayogin says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
shaunareid says:
Yes please! :)
Posted 5 years ago
sambahat says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
rich.jackman says:
+2
Posted 5 years ago
cpengel says:
+2
Posted 4 years ago
furet says:
+2
Posted 3 years ago
scottstilson says:
+2
Posted 3 years ago
galeksic says:
+1 and pretty please :)
Posted 3 years ago
eric.schafer says:
With this, you could arguably solve the requests for dependencies as well. I typically put follow-up dependencies in name of the task. I then duplicate, complete, and modify the name of the task. This would save a mouse trip to the drop-down menu.
Posted 3 years ago
alfred74new says:
I am a relatively new user, but it looks like my system will be heavily dependent on tags. Duplicating a task has been a great time saver, but having a keyboard shortcut would really turbo charge this feature. Please :))
Posted 3 years ago
solid71 says:
+1 for duplicating tasks via keyboard shortcut
Posted 3 years ago
relevart says:
+1 I would just found it useful now.
Posted 3 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.