Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Scrollable widget

icantremember says:
I'd love to see a scrollable widget included with the android app for use with improved launchers (LauncherPro, ADW, etc). As it stands now, I can add a widget (2x2 or 3x3) and stretch it's size, but even if I do so the number of tasks displayed does not change.

It appears that the app dev decided how many tasks should be shown for each widget, and that's that. The reality is that with the wide variety of launchers and configurations out there, the widget should be more flexible.

Thoughts?
Posted at 11:34pm on January 30, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Android widgets are now both scrollable and resizable (yay!), as of version 2.0.9. Android 3.1+ is required. See the blog post for more details.
Posted 11 years ago
mountassir says:
i would like a scrollable widget as well, sort of like HTC agenda
Posted 13 years ago
jollyb says:
and/or widget size 2*1 size with scroll. i purchased launcherpro just to resize the rtm widget to 2*1 :/
Posted 13 years ago
soulruins says:
It would be cool! It is very convenient.
Posted 13 years ago
kubii says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
torsten_weber says:
+1!
Posted 13 years ago
joegtd says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
alex.spirin says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
wceveret says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
dknoxon says:
Yes, totally agree ... just downloaded the trial to replace scrollable agenda widget->astrid tasks->gmail->outlook synch. Really like it! (currently in trial). Just need some different options for widgets (scrolling, colors, sizes, functions, quick add, etc.)

thx.
Posted 12 years ago
justin.h.buckner says:
scrollable would be awesome, but also just more sizes. 2x2 and 3x3 don't cut it.
Posted 12 years ago
jgarozzo says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
sysax says:
+1 wold be awesome
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
As far as I know, the Android SDK doesn't currently allow scrollable widgets. :( Hopefully it's something that will be supported in a future Android OS update.

In the meantime, as icantremember suggested, we can look into the possibility of supporting third-party launchers that do allow scrollable widgets. If you're using a custom launcher, can you please let us know which one in the comments?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
jay12701 says:
I have a couple widgets on my Android that do scroll so it is possible.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+2
LauncherPro
Posted 12 years ago
twinstead says:
adw launcher. i would not mark this as answered, either b/c it aint.
Posted 12 years ago
brian.reilly says:
It should be possible. They even demoed the ability to resize scrollable widgets in Honeycomb 3.1 at Google I/O. This should also help with the requests for different widget sizes, at least for tablet users. Finally, I'm pretty sure resizable widgets is also coming to phones, though I'm not sure if that's coming in Ice Cream Sandwich or will be in an interim build.
Posted 12 years ago
danilopopeye says:
LauncherPro
Posted 12 years ago
minutuslausus says:
Hi

scrollable widgets are possible. I have no idea how but the standard agenda view of the calendar widget is scrollable (htc legend and htc sense)
Posted 12 years ago
organisciak says:
I use LauncherPro on my phone, and the default launcher on Honeycomb. I don't know if custom launchers and 3.1 add scrolling in the same way, but if it came down to prioritizing one, my suggestion would be a scrollable honeycomb widget (since presumably future phone versions will work the same).
Posted 12 years ago
chellew620 says:
LauncherPro. This would add great value to the service for Android users!
Posted 12 years ago
talikan says:
LauncherPro!
Posted 12 years ago
rsclafani says:
One more vote for LauncherPro. Love it
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
ADW
Posted 12 years ago
guillemrossello says:
1 vote for this idea from someone with ADW Launcher
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
launcherpro
Posted 12 years ago
matt.peric says:
adw launcher ex
Posted 12 years ago
arwild01 says:
LauncherPro
Posted 12 years ago
urcoilbisurco says:
ADW launcher ex
Posted 12 years ago
russ.goerend says:
I don't know if the SDK is different now with Android 4.0, but it does support scrolling widgets (Gmail and Calendar, for example). Any updates on getting scrolling widget support from RTM?
Posted 12 years ago
shmoo27 says:
Go Launcher EX also supports scrollable widgets...
Posted 12 years ago
dcrook2 says:
The Pure calendar widget has an option to enable scrolling but only works if you have Launcher Pro, ADW or some other non-stock launcher. This should be an option for people that use launchers that support scrolling widgets.
Posted 12 years ago
dcrook2 says:
I use LauncherPro btw
Posted 12 years ago
rventoh says:
Go Launcher Ex. Launcher Pro has not been updated for months and is losing users.
Posted 12 years ago
mburger says:
Android 3.x (Honeycomb) and Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) support scrollable widgets directly.
Posted 12 years ago
ben.wainwright says:

Clicking the widget takes you straight into the relevant list. That's good enough for me, and I'd rather they spent their time on more worthwhile projects
Posted 11 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.