Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to have task and note data encrypted on the servers

(closed account) says:
Although I've known about RTM for a while, it wasn't until I got my Galaxy Tab that RTM became stunningly useful - in fact it is THE killer app for tablet PCs (and the android interface is a work of art ).

I would like to use it to track all my tasks - but many of the task notes would need to store data that is either sensitive (eg. my passport or ID card number) or information that I would rather not made public (eg. notes on conversations with my insurance agent, or the history of visits to my dogs' vet).

Is it possible to add the encryption of my tasks and task notes as a feature of RTM. This feature is valuable enough that I would would be willing to pay a fee over and above the pro account fee to know that my data is completely secure.
Posted at 2:03pm on December 21, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jinnah,
As mentioned via email, tasks and notes are not encrypted (though their transmission is from the app and now can be on the website).

Thus, we don't recommend you storing any data in your RTM account that would require encryption (e.g. credit card or passport numbers). Sorry for any inconvenience.

Glad you've been enjoying the Android app!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Andrew,

I had gotten your e-mail (and thanks for the response) and I'm following your recommendations regarding data security.

Still, if you COULD implement data encryption as an RTM feature, that would be wonderful.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
A "secure" version with encryption for enterprises - policies!
Posted 11 years ago
randie says:
+1

I think being able to encrypt or obfuscate notes would be an excellent feature.
Posted 11 years ago
sgimd says:
So I am wondering - 2 years later - is data still not encrypted?
Posted 8 years ago
meonkeys says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago