Benvenuto!  Italiano Language Switcher

Thinking about going Pro? Votes are doubled for Pro users; each vote adds +2 or -2.

Have a new idea?

Submit a suggestion

Recognize phone numbers in task titles for one-touch dialling

currys Pro says:

Please implement this feature to help us dial / make calls on android directly from a task or task on a list

Posted at 2:16am on December 4, 2010

Dislike
Answeredemily (Remember The Milk) says:

Thanks for your feedback on this.

While it's not currently possible to directly dial a phone number that is in a task title, phone numbers entered into a task note automatically create a link that allows one-touch dialing.

Hope this helps!

Posted 3 years ago

paralyzedsk8er says:

If you add the phone number as a note, it'll linkify it and launch the Dialer when 'activated'. At least is the case with my RTM/1.4.0 and Nexus One/2.2.

Also, you can add a URL with the tel:// prefix and it seems to achieve the same result.

Posted 3 years ago

tarahmarie says:

+1

Posted 3 years ago

pastor.terryp Pro says:

The "note" works on my Mesmerize (not the URL) but a link in the task name would be nice. ie long press on a task with a phone # would dial the number.

Posted 3 years ago

vvrrmandiga Pro says:

+1

Posted 3 years ago

andrii.pacific says:

I want a feature with easy calling also!!

Posted 3 years ago

gres2003 says:

+1
Please implement this feature to help us dial without creating note

Posted 3 years ago

adamburr says:

This would be great

Adam

Posted 3 years ago

milkiglo Pro says:

Works for me.

I had a list of numbers to go through and it was good that it was in the notes field as I made notes on each call just under the number.

Posted 3 years ago

brunoperraudin says:

What I really would like is to be able to:
* create a task "Call John" (that part I can already do) and when I click/long press/menu/whatever the task, if John is in my contact list, dial his number. Of course, it should work with phone numbers too.
* browse my contact list, click the contact image and choose in the popup menu a rtm icon to launch the new "Call selectedContact" task directly in rtm.

Posted 3 years ago

newmike Pro says:

+1 for phone number direct dialing from task Title in iPhone app.

Task Note direct dialing is too many clicks and too much navigation.

The goal is to avoid car accidents here!

Posted 3 years ago

currys Pro says:

newmike made the point better than I. The reason for this feature request is to limit the user interaction so that making a call is dead simple. It can be for a variety of reasons but certainly while driving is one. I also like brunoperraudin ideas of even tighter integration so you may not need to even provide the phone # because it is looked up in the contact list.

+1 on both ideas (including my original post too :) )

Posted 3 years ago

avner.linder says:

well typing the phone number at the URL field works,
but again, that's too many clicks

+1 for the idea of looking up contact names in my address book

Posted 3 years ago

vamshikk Pro says:

Works for me as I always paste phone numbers in the note

Posted 3 years ago

drslippyfist says:

i hate looking for the number in my contacts list to paste in the notes. The whole idea of RTM seems to be the ease of use. I would like to add my vote for adding a contact to my notes with a smart button(like the smart list)

Posted 2 years ago

eastcoastrob says:

+1 Too many keystrokes to put phone # in notes. I rely primarily on the widget for adding tasks in Android.

Posted 2 years ago

sbasche says:

PLEASE add this feature. How nice it would be to go to the call list and just press the number and have it dial.

How hard can that be?

Posted 2 years ago

e_dawg8 says:

brunoperraudin and newmike said it perfectly. Linking a contact to a task from the phone's contact list so that i can call or e-mail the person directly is an essential feature for a Task / ToDo app. I would also like to be able to link an e-mail so that i can respond to the relevant e-mail with the appropriate context in mind. So much so that the first Task / ToDo app that has these features (especially contact linking) gets my money.

Posted 2 years ago

chandra.gaajula Pro says:

When you can have a URL (which is very helpful), having a phone number would be good too.

Will save the effort of having to click on the Notes tab to include this detail.

Posted 2 years ago

rodsherw Pro says:

Please make this happen.

Posted 2 years ago

queriquita Pro says:

Agreed. Please add this feature!

Posted 1 year ago

stevenverver Pro says:

Please add this feature!

Posted 1 year ago

tuvivienda Pro says:

go for it click to call in task tittle