Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tagging

sabrina says:
I would love the ability to assign various multiple keyword tags to my tasks. This way I could not only see tasks by list, but I could also see all the tasks that had to do with "organization" whether it was a work task or a personal task, etc. If you incorporated some sort of weighted tag display (like the popular tag clouds), we could also then see which areas and topics we had a lot of tasks in and which areas were lighter in tasks. I think this would provide a great way to provide another view to our to-dos and I know it would help me if I were able to sort my tasks a little more flexibly.

I am so impressed with this service. Thank you! :)
Posted at 5:24am on October 14, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Now with tagging goodness! Please see our blog post.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd just like to add my support for this suggestion. I have seen a few online "to do" list services and I thought they were all missing a trick by not letting you add tags.

Being able to create lots of lists is one thing...but imagine if they were grouped 'virtually' by tagging instead? That way 'put the trash out' would be in my 'household chores' list and in my 'every week' list.

I was about to create my own To Do List application until I saw RememberTheMilk. I don't think I'll bother now :D
Posted 18 years ago
lee.kraus says:
I would like to add tags.
Posted 18 years ago
ricky.webster says:
tags would be lovely.

it is incredibly difficult/impossible to pigeonhole some tasks under just one category. it would be great if i could just list all the properties associated with a task and then create lists based on those properities...like generate a list of all the tasks that need to be done "@locationA" by "the end of october"
Posted 18 years ago
quasistoic says:
I have to fall all over the tags suggestion, too. I couldn't possibly begin to describe all the potential that tags would introduce, and I have a feeling I don't really even need to.

You guys do have a great app here. (w00t)
Posted 18 years ago
simon says:
add one to the list of tag-wanters :-)
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd love a tag-based task tool. Tag should behave just like labels do in gmail. Ditch lists and replace them with tags. Each task could have multiple tags and it would show up when the user clicked on the tag name.
Posted 18 years ago
alex says:
I like this idea greatly
Posted 18 years ago
bernard says:
Yes please [important] [suggestion].
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yup, truly awesome suggestion, DO IT!!!
Posted 18 years ago
jed.hresko says:
Tags would be an easy way to achieve the "location field" or "context" field (GTD) request/feature. And a lot more flexible.
Posted 18 years ago
zvi.likes.tv says:
Yes, yes, please tags!
Posted 18 years ago
neilernst says:
another vote for tags... especially if you could syndicate via tags. Personally i'd rather you abandoned the folders idea and just moved to tags (a la Gmail).
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Tag specific feeds... mmmmm. Tagging would be very powerful.
Posted 18 years ago
wodow says:
Another vote for tags here!

Wodow
Posted 18 years ago
tm2000 says:
yup.. tags would be great!
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
Tags/Labels - a swell idea!
Posted 18 years ago
randito says:
(me too) ^ 18

i'm all for tags, because it allows another level of customization for my information. not to mention, it appeases some of the GTD fanatics.
Posted 18 years ago
dcebrian says:
Just another vote to support the tags suggestion!
Posted 18 years ago
markdbd says:
Tags would be great :D
Posted 18 years ago
dave.boylan says:
a must
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 18 years ago
steve.thomas says:
Tags, ABSOLUTELY!!!
Posted 18 years ago
blaksaga says:
I love the idea. But I also love the idea of calling them labels rather than tags. :P
Posted 18 years ago
ruth.p says:
Tags/Labels sound very good but let's not get carried away here.

I LIKE The Folders too. Especially, that they're labeled: Today, Tomorrow, and Overdue. Please if you can let's KEEP them and have the tags/labels too. Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
ashtonium says:
Tags would be very helpful for sub-organization within the tabs that you've already provided for us. I was going to suggest add the ability to add our own custom tabs or sub-tabs, but this seems like it would be both easier for you to implement and more efficient for organization.
Posted 18 years ago
klaas says:
Another vote for tags here! A Must! please! when do we get this?
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
When do you get this? Now :)

See the blog for details and a demo.

Have fun tagging :)
Posted 18 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.