Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RSS feeds

miharu says:
Hi guys, great service so far!

I noticed that there are Atom feeds for the lists, but how about RSS as well in the future? I know that I would definitely like to be able to check my lists when checking in with Bloglines or a stand-alone RSS reader. Thanks!
Posted at 4:29am on October 14, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
As detailed on the blog, we now support RSS in addition to the existing Atom feeds. You might find this useful if you're using an older feed reader that doesn't yet support Atom. To access the feed in RSS format, just change the 'atom' in the URL to 'rss'. For example, the RSS feed for all your lists is available at: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/rss/yourusername/

Enjoy!
Posted 18 years ago
airolg says:
Me, too!
Posted 18 years ago
epaga says:
me 3
Posted 18 years ago
kevins says:
another RSS request
Posted 18 years ago
kgantz says:
Me 5!
Posted 18 years ago
rdnovo says:
Um... I can check Atom feeds with Bloglines. And with stand-alone readers. Can you not?
Posted 18 years ago
miharu says:
Bloglines isn't accepting the Atm feed urls provided by RTM. Still, RSS would be mighty nice.
Posted 18 years ago
phebal says:
can't use atom on my personal google page...
rss would be very nice.
Posted 18 years ago
Most readers support both Atom and RSS -- if the feed won't work with a particular reader, it's most likely because they don't support authentication.

To make the feeds work with Google personalized home (or other online readers), you need to do one of the following:

Publish your list (this will allow anyone to see your list), and then use an address like this:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/atom/username/100123/

Or, keep your list private and use an address like this:

https://username:password@www.rememberthemilk.com/atom/username/100123/

NOTE: This will give Google your Remember The Milk password.
Posted 18 years ago
brent.hohlweg says:
RSS in Safari OSX - when I click on the RSS feeds inside my Safari page they open a blank page instead of the RTM task.

Would be great to be able to click on the RSS feed in Safari and be jumping to my RTM tasks.

Keep up the great work!

Love it!

Brent
Posted 18 years ago
cgist says:
Trying to get to do lists on to my yahoo page. Would be great if you supported RSS.
Posted 18 years ago
gilles.barthelet says:
atom won't work with personalized google home page !!! need rss feed ...
Posted 18 years ago
Yahoo and Google both support Atom. The problem is that they don't support authentication, so unfortunately the format of the feed does not make a difference.

In order to view your feeds with most online readers, you'll need to publish your lists first.

Hope this helps!
Posted 18 years ago
steve.thomas says:
Can anyone recommend an Atom reader that supports authentication for Macintosh?
Posted 18 years ago
There's a list on Wikipedia of feed readers for Mac OS X.

NetNewsWire supports authentication (in both the lite and full versions). It's possible that many of the other products do too, but I don't have experience with those.

If any Mac users would like to recommend their favourite reader for use with Remember The Milk, please go ahead :)
Posted 18 years ago
cmerry says:
RSS, please!
Posted 18 years ago
thomasnguyencom says:
Yes, RSS please.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am using Yahoo Widgets. The Atom feed works great, putting the RTM list on my desktop
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please offer simple RSS as well as Atom. Atom is very nice and all but I have a public to do list that I would like to post on my website and my rss syndication tool for my website doesn't read Atom feeds. Pretty please with sugar on top?
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please offer simple RSS as well as Atom. Atom is very nice and all but I have a public to do list that I would like to post on my website and my rss syndication tool for my website doesn't read Atom feeds. Pretty please with sugar on top?
Posted 18 years ago
krissa.swain says:
We all love Remember the Milk
The interface is smooth as silk
But to make this web app the best
Please give us . . . RSS! :)
Posted 18 years ago
How can we deny a request written in poetry? ;)

We'll see what we can do :)
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
droq, which Yahoo Widget are you using, please?
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yahoo Widget called Multimedia News Reader works just fine with RTM
Posted 18 years ago
rmchale says:
Does the atom feed work in firefox?
Posted 18 years ago
Yes, it should work with the live bookmarks feature -- please let us know if you experience any problems.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Can RSS links be added to the info tab in settings as well as next to Atom on the side of lists?
Posted 18 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.