Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Webhooks, so we can add our own functionality

howthebodyworks says:
Why not add in those new fangled "webhooks" so we can add new functions to RTM ourself. that's what github does - and it works great for me. So do less geeky producitivity services like freshbooks, for that matter , and many other services besides - there is a list here, including someone (not me, so there's now at least two people who like it ;) ) suggesting that RTM is an ideal candidate fr webhook support

It's a little geeky, I know, but I see lots of people asking for RTM functionality that could be all solved at once if there were webhooks, and a lot of them are asking for very geeky things, so they shoudl be comfortable with this reasonably mild form of extensibility.
Posted at 12:52am on May 26, 2010
erlang says:
Very good idea! Thanks for sharing.
Posted 12 years ago
erlang says:
What kind of hooks are you thinking of? Adding / editing tasks?
Posted 12 years ago
kutyshalev says:
Once I read up on what this is, I realize this would be unbelievable. As a development company, I can see using RTM inside applications!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
A hook for every action would be amazing! As part of the POST/JSON/XML include the action for routing/filtering at the other end.
Posted 12 years ago
jeduncan says:
has there been any movement on this?!
Posted 11 years ago
marcus.povey says:
Double +1 for me.
Posted 10 years ago
rubdottocom says:
+1, RTM extensibility will be easier to implement, I worked with evernote webhooks and give you amazing flexibility
Posted 10 years ago
coleman.mcfarland says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
katylava says:
This would be amazing. I was really hoping RTM had webhooks so my RTM activity could trigger other APIs (like Habitica), and also maybe IFTTT could have RTM as a channel.

At the very least, I'd like hooks for when I complete, uncomplete, or postpone a task. I could hook those into Habitica and +/- habits, such as "Complete an easy RTM task". Or spend Habitica gold to postpone a task. I'm currently doing this manually, but it's a pain to see which tasks I've postponed.

Additionally, having hooks for adding, editing, and deleting tasks would allow me to have copies of my RTM tasks in Habitica as Dailies or ToDos, depending on how I tag them.

Or, with hooks I can code up my own reward system... just being able to record my RTM activity would open up that possibility.
Posted 8 years ago
robbat2 says:
Sending Reminders as webhooks would be very helpful as well. My mobile carrier isn't on the supported list (no free email-to-SMS gateway), and I could use my own (paid) SMS triggers instead.

We should clarify that there is uses for both incoming (add/modify task) and outgoing webhooks (trigger on add/delete/change/reminder of task)
Posted 8 years ago
katylava says:
Still totally desperate for this. Was hoping it was included in the new updates.
Posted 8 years ago
sunnysigara says:
Can't believe in 2016 RTM doesn't provide webhooks where Todoist and others have this from the beginning.
Posted 7 years ago
limamedeiros says:
Any news about this from RTM team? It would be great!
Posted 7 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We have webhook functionality available for API users to test; please see this post on the API group, and get in touch if you'd like to be part of the beta. :)
Posted 7 years ago
still_fil says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago