Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Statistics on completed tasks

ernfors says:
A page to view completed tasks graphically, very similar to the existing tag cloud.

Would enable the user to see where he or she puts in most of the effort. It should be possible to define how far back the statistics should report and possible which tags to include. Default should be all tags and all completed tasks.

Result could be reported in circle diagrams, tables etc.
Posted at 9:37pm on May 7, 2010
loogaroo says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
akkistar says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
spectraz says:
This possible feature would definitely enhance the RTM experience as it would give one immediate data feedback of one's actual progress for a defined period of time as well as category in the cloud.

Moreover, the feature would probably give one greater productivity awareness and strengthen one's conscious decision making.

+1
Posted 13 years ago
iabenedito says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
arielle.bailey says:
I like it=)
Posted 13 years ago
juliaflint says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
edude says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
philarn says:
+1 great idea definitely
Posted 13 years ago
scottmail says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
wiehrdt says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
dgmckenna says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
jeremy.dolvelde says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
dbrown says:
Just being able to sort them would be a step forward.
Posted 13 years ago
matteocassese says:
Nice stats would drive usage, be a nice feature to show off and an infographics generator could be bonus for pro members. ++++1
Posted 12 years ago
matteocassese says:
Nice stats would drive usage, be a nice feature to show off and an infographics generator could be bonus for pro members. ++++1
Posted 12 years ago
mfandrade says:
+1

ernfors, this is an excellent idea! I was thinking exactly about it few days ago.
Seeing the amount of tasks completed, added and remaining in a (kind a burn-down) chart.

This example is close to what I'm trying to say. http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dd347827.fig09_L(en-us).gif

I hope this suggestion could be approved!
Posted 12 years ago
pegibson says:
I've been using a motivational site "Joes Goals" for tracking some recurring personal goals. It's extremely simple, but I think it would be great if I could just create those tasks in RTM. But the killer component of JG is that it tracks your current string of consecutive days that you have completed a given task (workout, yoga, whatever) and your overall longest such string. It also tracks negative "achievements" like "bought lunch" rather than brought lunch, etc.
For RTM to be able to do this, it would need to have a customizeable stats screen and you could assign values (+/-) for recurring tasks. RTM would seem to be a great tool for this sort of thing.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Love stats / meta-data.
Posted 12 years ago
jdanielp says:
Check out Google reader's statistics feature. It would be neat to see what days of the week tasks are being completed. Or what time of the day.

My time of day results would be skewed to the end of the day - when I am going over my tasks and outlining the next days work, but I wouldn't discount the usefulness of time of day statistics.

And while youre in there, don't forget about postponements. :-)
Posted 12 years ago
tony.grout says:
Would be great to have the ability to have some statistical analysis - tables and graphs please.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
justice.pilgrim says:
Tracking goals is important. I try to use RTM to do this but don't get any real feed back as to how I'm doing. I have a "goals" list that I have divided via tags into "daily" and "weekly" and have them on a repeating schedule. One problem I run into is that if I didn't achieve a goal on a given day, there is no way to get rid of it except to delete it or to "complete" the task which I feel is a false reward almost. It would be nice if repeating tasks could disappear after their due date and then some kind of statistic to tell me how many tasks I completed before the due date and how many I missed. Also a stat telling me how many consecutive tasks I have accomplished in a role would be nice.
Posted 12 years ago
chante77 says:
Yes!! I'd love to see a graph of number of tasks completed per month, with options to compare tasks from different lists/tags!
Posted 12 years ago
pukao says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
harshgupta says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
shrikrish says:
+1 million!
Posted 12 years ago
shrikrish says:
Any comments from the dev's about this?
Posted 12 years ago
spudnik8 says:
+1 million too!
Posted 12 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
Check this out: http://yourdatavisualizer.com/
Posted 12 years ago
acaffey says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
acaffey says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
dan.collins says:
+1
Would really love some stats rtm folks.
Posted 12 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
Check this out guys: http://yourdatavisualizer.com
It provide some great statistics from your RememberTheMilk tasks :)
Posted 12 years ago
afmaury says:
@amirmasoudabdol - I just tried yourdatavisualizer.com, but got an internal service error when i tried to authorize API access. Is it working for you?
Posted 12 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
@afmaury Yeah, I checked it again, there is not problem. You have to just wait for a sec to generate your reports. Good luck.
Posted 12 years ago
adam.wilkinson says:
I would definitely like to be able to see completed task stats. Even if it's as simple as this week's completed tasks in a list.
Posted 11 years ago
jdhigh says:
Great idea!
+1
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 !
Posted 11 years ago
dan.collins says:
I keep going back to task stats and getting the internal server error...its never worked for me.

So I definitely +1 any plan to provide reporting of this kind.

Actually, I think this is well overdue and RTM needs to innovate a bit more.
Posted 11 years ago
rubyji says:
I would rather just see this implemented as an exportable data file, then you can import it to ManyEyes or something like that. It's too far afield from what RTM does best, and I would rather see them keep it simple.
Posted 11 years ago
german.acosta says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
eriec.42 says:
+1 It's a great idea.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Check out Google analytics use/partner with Google Chart Tools to provide easy but powerful charts.

Useful statistics:
- avg. day open
- avg. time spend
- #completed
- #postponed

Filter and group by month/list/location/period (year/month/week)

OR

Export/download with selectable timeframe

Posted 11 years ago
georgedolbier says:
This would be a great Pro Feature...
Posted 11 years ago
luc0zade says:
+1
Posted 11 years ago
shanigentry says:
This.
Posted 11 years ago
gingrasnic says:
I would definitely like to have some stats, in the form of a yearly or monthly calendar maybe, specialy for the daily tasks or daily habits I want to develop. Maybe some export of all the dates I did something. Idealy with a way to target specifics tasks.
Thank you for your great work.
Posted 11 years ago
robert.rosolek says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
athsalmon says:
good idea +2
Posted 10 years ago
robert.rosolek says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
robert.rosolek says:
oh, I forgot I already gave +1 to this, sorry
Posted 10 years ago
florian.gaier says:
+1
Posted 10 years ago
belcanto1 says:
I call my completed tasks list : my succes list. This list is motivate me more than a list of thing to do. Because I'm focus to what I'd doing, Often I think I didn't do enough, but with my succes list, I see how much I've doing on all my projects, So it's very motivate for me.
I explain this because I want a list of completed task with statstics if possible.
Thank you. I love this app. !!
Belcanto Montréal
+1 ;-))
Posted 10 years ago
hpadmin says:
We very much want to view completed events which for us are appointments. Viewing an calendar showing completed appointments is very important to us in planning for next year, helping to assess financial performance.
I'd like to see this in Thunderbird/Lighting/StormCows. RTM seems to allow view a list of completed tasks but doesn't permit sending them into even 30boxes.
A deficiency.
Posted 10 years ago
brice.carbonel says:
still wondering nowadays why such feature has not been implemented yet?! this would shift RTM from task manager software to personal productivity assistant
Posted 8 years ago
jlodahl says:
+1
Keep it simple though.
I would like to
- get a count of number of tasks completed last 7 days
- get number of tasks planned for coming 7 days
I used this for my weekly review to consider replanning.
Posted 8 years ago
cfklein says:
This may be sacrilege, but I have been toying with using ToDoist because of some recent reviews (PCMag). For the most part, the latest version of RTM has caught up with TD and other functions remain more powerful. l think the reviewer missed the upgrade. But the one area that RTM really lags is in Status reporting and graphic results. This is the only thing that makes TD even attempting (the Karma section). This is over a week of side by side working comparison. This item has been on this list for a long time and it would help me to know what are the Cow's thoughts and plans on this. Even if you could point us to a third party app, it would help.
Posted 8 years ago
erin_milk says:
+1when will this features come ?
Posted 7 years ago
danceban says:
Really waiting for a diagram like review of the completion in progress tasks! Please make it happen, it would greatly improve the overall functionality of the RTM!
Posted 7 years ago
volkergrimm says:
+1, still not available. Once my pro subscription will run out (soon), this will be the one reason for me to move to Todoist. Pity, really like RtM.
Posted 7 years ago
odhinn0 says:
Stats and a histogram of tasks would be cool
Posted 6 years ago
ddonetskov says:
If you please add the feature to the product to put it back on par with Todoist.
Posted 6 years ago
pfaco says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
lschyns says:
+1 some regular reports about how many tasks were created, completed would really be great and good for motivation.
Posted 6 years ago
tomavatars says:
+1 Coming from Todoist, I definitely need this. Goals, Stats on my days and weeks and daily completed reports.
Posted 6 years ago
ruudke52 says:
This might be the only drawback to Remember the Milk for me, and it keeps me splitting my regular tasks and "goal" tasks between 2 different productivity apps which is an annoyance. This feature is present in so many other productivity apps I can't believe RtM hasn't added it yet.
Posted 5 years ago
onlinemailnet13 says:
+1 +1 +1 +1
Posted 5 years ago
fd4242 says:
Hello,
self-reporting is paramount to self productivity, so please add reporting features:
number of completed tasks per day/week/month/quarter, per list/tag
Posted 5 years ago
martini1988 says:
+100
Posted 4 years ago
gregory.klassen says:
A forward looking graph might be helpful as well. Something that shows the number of upcoming tasks - it might help you (re)arrange your task list to NOT happen on vacations, for example.
Posted 4 years ago
chillnz says:
+1
Posted 4 years ago
crystallyn14 says:
This is one of the big downfalls of RTM for me...not being able to report on tasks. I want to use RTM to track habits and being able to see streaks would be super motivational and helpful.
Posted 3 years ago
anne.dougherty says:
Being able to see stats such as streaks, percentage by week, month, and quarter, on completed, recurring tasks is the thing that would get me to go pro on RTM
Posted 3 years ago
floweringtree says:
Oh goodness, I so wish they would do this: it is so frustrating not being able to see how much I have got done or of what type, from the crossed out list of completed tasks. The lack of evaluation functionality on RTM is one of its worst faults as a time management tool.

I use RTM to manage a schedule which consists mostly of to-dos with quite a few interuptions and a small number of appointments, and not being able to look at how much of my "to-do" work I have actually got done makes it very difficult to estimate how much I should plan to do.
Posted 2 years ago
wozmage says:
+1, please do this!
Posted 1 year ago
agnescb says:
+1
Posted 1 year ago
agnescb says:
Just being able to see the estimated aggregate time on lists of completed tasks (the exact same way it works for incomplete ones) would be a nice baby step forward.
Posted 1 year ago
floweringtree says:
Definitely agree with agnescb regarding seeing the estimate aggregate time on the completed list: the computer machinery must already be there to do it.
Posted 5 months ago