Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Implement an affiliate program

jbigelow says:
I saw that there was already a thread about this but was never followed up on and auto closed due to lack of a response (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/5332/) but I still think it would be a good idea.

Implement a referral (affiliate) program so that when a user referrers another user and they sign up for the Pro version of RTM the referring user gets a small "finders fee" of a few dollars. It doesn't have to be much but it may increase the number of evangelizers beyond those that already recommend the system.

Just a thought.
Posted at 4:35am on May 6, 2010
mike.nash says:
Yeah an affiliate program would be huge for RTM!
Posted 13 years ago
dobersch says:
I strongly second that request.
Posted 13 years ago
jim.paton says:
Instead of cash, how about an extension to your own pro account - i.e. if you refer someone and they sign up for a pro account, you get a 1 month extension on the expiry date for your own...
Posted 12 years ago
julie.jacksonforsberg says:
It's true that RTM should use the power of evangelist users. Affiliate reward program or not, I would be happy to add a clickable tag to my blogs to promote RTM.
Posted 11 years ago
kwilson2 says:
Why would anyone thumbs this down? It's a wonderful idea, pro extension or cash I'm all for it!
Posted 11 years ago
jeff.hadley says:
Yes... us loyal users know how great your service is... and want to promote it especially if offered a commission for pro accounts purchased by people who we refer.... but "a few dollars"!? Other programs offer as much as 50% or more (and generally no less than 10%), and for the lifetime of a given person's subscription.
Posted 10 years ago
jeff.hadley says:
You could even go crazy and offer a 2-tiered program (that some companies do) in which we earn a smaller commission when those who we refer, then end up referring other paying customers.
Posted 10 years ago