Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is it possible to sync RTM to something on my desktop computer?

monkey.boy says:
I would like to sync RTM to my desktop computer. I mainly would like a list available on my local computer in case my internet access goes out.
Posted at 4:31pm on May 7, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Sure, you can use the iCalendar service to subscribe to your task lists with calendar software -- that way you can have an up-to-date copy of your tasks on your computer. Software that supports this includes Apple iCal on the Mac and Mozilla Sunbird on a variety of platforms.

You can also export your data in iCalendar format if you'd like to save a local copy.

Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
monkey.boy says:
emily,

I tried doing this with Thunderbird, but it looks like it puts my task as Calendar events, not in the "Task" sidebar.

Is this correct?
Posted 17 years ago
monkey.boy, you can choose to either display the tasks on the calendar or in the 'Tasks' section.

We've now added detailed instructions on how to do both with Sunbird.
Posted 17 years ago
monkey.boy says:
Thanks emily.

Another question, do you know how to prevent Thunderbird username/password from popping up everytime I launch the application. For some reason it comes up, even though I have "remember my a password" checked.

I dont expect you to be the Thunderbird guru, so im going to post this in Mozillas forum also :)

Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The great part of iCal is that once the data are in iCal, they can go from there to your iPod, your Phone, Entourage, .Mac, or anything else that syncs via iSync. If only such a good digital hub existed for the Windoze side of the fence.
Posted 17 years ago
monkey.boy, sorry I can't help with that -- hopefully someone over on the Mozilla forum knows the answer to that one :)
Posted 17 years ago
Ran, I wish there was a Windows equivalent too :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.