Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

completedWithin and tag

jason.egger says:
I'm trying the following query:

tag:@work AND completedWithin:"1 week of today"

It gives me all completed tasks in the timeframe, but doesn't seem to recognize the tag statement.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted at 2:07am on May 1, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, your query looks fine.

Does searching for

tag:@work

give the correct results?

With your query, it should search for the tag first before restricting based on completion date, so it would be good to check if the tag search alone works for your tasks.
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger says:
Weird. It now seems to be working, but the tags for all of my completed tasks have disappeared. The last couple of tasks that I've completed (in the last few minutes) still have their tags, though. I'm sure that they had their tags before I completed them, because my "Not Tagged" Smartlist has been empty for several days. It's not a big deal to retag them, but I wanted to let you know.
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger says:
Actually, I can't retag them since they're completed, can I? Is there any way that the tags can be restored on your end?

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger says:
Hmmm, it seems to be an ongoing problem. Three completed tasks that had tags an hour ago seem to have had their tags deleted. One completed still has its tags, however. Just trying to give as much info as possible.

Thanks.
Posted 17 years ago
ockham says:
I'm having the same problem and just posted the same thing in the bug forum. Sorry, should have looked here first. From what I can tell, the tags aren't immediately lost when the task is completed but seem to disappear as soon as you switch lists.

Emily: After you guys figure this out, can tag editing be enabled in the completed view so we (whoever else is having this problem) can re-tag our completed tasks so we don't lose the functionality of reviewing completed tasks in smart lists?

Thanks.
Posted 17 years ago
We're currently looking into this, but just wanted to reassure you that no tags have been lost (it's an issue with how they're being displayed).
Posted 17 years ago
We've now fixed this problem -- tags for completed tasks were not being loaded/displayed correctly.

Tags should now show for completed tasks, and searching for completed tasks with tags should work as expected. Please let us know if you experience any further problems -- sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted 17 years ago
Forgot to mention -- it may be necessary to log out and log back in again before this will work correctly.
Posted 17 years ago
ockham says:
emily, thank you very much! Everything's back in order.
Posted 17 years ago
jason.egger says:
Thanks for your quick response, Emily!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.