Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

search for repeating tasks

tara.spitzerlist says:
Is there a way to search for repeating tasks? Or tasks that don't repeat? I wasn't able to find this....

thanks!

Tara
Posted at 2:05pm on April 30, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Not currently, but we'll see if we can add this soon :)
Posted 17 years ago
We've now added a way to search by whether tasks repeats or not.

isRepeating:true

or

isRepeating:false

We've added this to the list of advanced search operators.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Very handy. And speedily offered, too.

Am I correct in guessing this catches both due after x time and due every x time? (Recurring and repeating, I guess?)
Posted 17 years ago
Ran, no problem -- I remember you requested this too a while back :)

Yes, it will search for any kind of repeating task ('after' or 'every').

We could look at providing more advanced search options for repeating if people had uses for them (e.g. find all tasks that repeat 'every monday'), but for now it just searches whether the task repeats or not.
Posted 17 years ago
calibertolls says:
I would like to see some more search options added for repeating. Just simple repeats like daily, weekly, monthly, yearly would be fine unless it is just as easy to add the advanced ones too. Right now I am using tags to do the same thing, but it seems redundant to me since that attribute is already captured in the repeat field.

I have tons of tasks that are due every week, but not associated with any particular day. They are just things that need to get done sometime during the week. So, I like to pull up a list of all the "weekly" tasks not yet complete to help me plan my time. Same for monthly, etc.

Latisha
Posted 17 years ago
calibertolls says:
Sorry, I guess that should have gone into "Ideas". My bad. :(

Latisha
Posted 17 years ago
Latisha, the scenario you've described definitely makes a lot of sense -- we'll have to look into this further and see if we can have a search option for specific types of repeating tasks. Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.